Associate Director of Exams
CAIA is a global professional body dedicated to creating greater alignment, transparency, and knowledge for all investors, with a specific emphasis on alternative investments. A member-driven organization representing professionals in more than 95 countries, CAIA advocates for the highest ethical standards.
The Associate Director of Exams provides key support to the most strategic objectives within the examinations area of the CAIA Association. The Associate Director has responsibilities that span the universe of exam activities and the resulting productivity of the full examinations team. Primary responsibilities include leading the exam development efforts, maintaining a close liaison with the CAIA curricula team, external psychometricians, and overseeing the grading, evaluation, and post-exam analysis of all exam products. Other chief responsibilities include the evaluation and selection of exam delivery modalities and platforms, preserving exam security, and coordinating with constituents both within and outside the CAIA Association. This position may be based in Amherst, MA or remote.
The Associate Director of Exams reports to CAIA’s Exam Director and is responsible for:
- Senior leadership within the examination team
- Helping set policies regarding exam content, delivery, and evaluation
- Supervising direct reports that include staff, consultants, and psychometricians
- Item development and analysis
- Developing, editing, and reviewing content for all CAIA exams and exam-related products to ensure relevancy, clarity, and accuracy
- Guiding the standard setting process and exercises
- Managing post-exam analysis
- Facilitating the close relationship between the exam and the development, selection, and editing of curriculum materials
- Support of CAIA strategic plans and mission
- Serving as key liaison across departments within CAIA
- Being a public face of CAIA to outside constituents
- Master’s degree or higher in finance, economics, statistics, or a related field and at least 5 years’ experience in the investments field and/or in academics
- Strong computer skills with database management experience and proficiency in SQL programming a plus
- Familiarity of the assessment industry (writing and evaluating exam items)
- Familiarity with the CAIA program; CAIA Charter a plus
- Strong organizational and communications skills
For full consideration please submit a resume and cover letter.