Defined Contribution Consultant
Multiple RVK Locations: New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Portland, OR
RVK: Company Description And Search objective
RVK, Inc. (RVK) is a nationally recognized, independent, strategic investment consulting firm. Currently we are ranked by Pensions & Investments as the 4th largest investment consulting firm in the US by assets under advisement. We are a growing firm offering a broad slate of investment consulting capabilities and services. Our clients include corporations, endowments and foundations, public retirement systems, insurance companies, as well as Taft-Hartley and special purpose funds. We advise all plan types from defined contribution and defined benefit pension plans to endowments, foundations, insurance assets, and more. RVK is the only firm to be named a Greenwich Quality Leader among large US investment consultants for three consecutive years.
Due to a growing set of opportunities to advise defined contribution (DC) plans, we are seeking to expand our consultant corps by adding as many as two additional consultants with significant DC experience. That experience may come from service within the consulting industry, the DC plan sponsor world, or related DC industry functions.
RVK is seeking talented and knowledgeable professionals to serve in the capacity of Consultant. In particular, we are seeking professionals capable of serving defined contribution (DC) clients as a significant aspect of their duties. At RVK, a Consultant works with a team of colleagues typically in a lead or co-lead role to provide advice to our institutional clients on a range of issues. The Consultant will manage consulting services to both new and existing clients. Consultant responsibilities include direct client interaction as well as interaction with various centers of expertise within RVK, such as research and investment operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibility of the Consultant is to help clients meet their investment objectives. This includes developing investment policies, asset allocation targets, effective DC investment options, asset class structures, conducting due diligence on investment opportunities, recommending appropriate managers for investment, and evaluating performance of investment managers and total portfolios. Consultants interact with investment committees, boards of trustees, investment officers, and staff.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead client-facing teams in the assessment of client needs and deployment of RVK’s advice, counsel, and resources;
- Interact with boards, committees, professional staff, and fiduciaries in assessing challenges, devising alternative solutions, recommending optimal approaches, and assisting with successful execution of decisions;
- Provide multiple client categories (e.g. defined contribution, defined benefit, endowment and foundation) with advice regarding asset allocation, portfolio structuring, investment policies, risk assessment and mitigation, investment manager selection / monitoring, and education;
- Conduct periodic quarterly investment performance evaluation meetings; and
- Support the growth of RVK as part of the broader team.
While we are open to considering candidates with a range of previous work experience, ideal candidates will offer the following attributes:
- Strong presentation skills and interpersonal skills;
- Strong project management, analytical, and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment consulting principles, investment strategies, policies, and regulations applicable to the investment consulting industry;
- Comfort and experience when presenting to boards and investment committees;
- Well-versed in quantitative analytical techniques;
- Consistent adherence to high ethical standards of professional conduct;
- Proven skills in building and maintaining relationships;
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, highly collegial, client-centric, and intellectually challenging consulting model; and
- Ability to work and think independently.
Candidates also should be comfortable with a position that requires travel for approximately 20-40% of the work week.
Education and Work Experience Requirement
- The Consultant position requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an institutional investment related role, either in consulting, investment management, or as a plan sponsor.
- Previous investment consulting experience is an obvious plus, but significant experience –particularly with DC plans – in any material capacity can be highly relevant.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Either having earned the Chartered Financial Analyst designation or an advanced degree in finance, business or economics (or both) are advantageous but not required.
RVK offers a competitive benefits package including firm-funded medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, 125 cafeteria plan, Health Savings Account, company-paid life insurance, and tuition reimbursement to enhance professional development.
If interested, please apply through our company website at www.rvkinc.com. For consideration, please apply through our company website by clicking on Career Opportunities on the Contacts page. You will need to submit a resume along with a cover letter summarizing how you meet the qualifications of the position. We request that you submit your materials in a .doc or .pdf file format.
We receive a significant volume of applicants and cannot respond to each applicant individually. We review all applications and will contact only those candidates whose skills, experience, and qualifications meet our requirements for the position. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your application. No phone calls, faxes, or temporary staffing agencies, please.
All applications must be through the company website. No direct solicitations will be accepted. RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. As an EEO employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
*Between July and October 2019, Greenwich Associates conducted interviews with 1,100 individuals at 896 of the largest tax-exempt funds in the United States, including corporate and union funds, public funds, endowments and foundations with either pension or investment pool assets greater than $150 million. Study participants were asked to provide quantitative and qualitative evaluations of their asset managers and investment consultants, including qualitative assessments of those firms soliciting their business and detailed information on important market trends. RVK is one of three firms recognized in the large investment consultant category. The ratings may not be representative of any one client’s experience with RVK; rather they are representative of those clients submitted and that chose to participate in the survey. The results are not indicative of RVK’s future performance. To read the Greenwich article, please click here.