Associate/ Vice President
Alcedio Capital Inc. and subsidiaries (“Alcedio”) is seeking an Associate/ Vice President (“VP”) within the Capital Markets division with select exposure to other divisions. Alcedio is a capital group with three main divisions: Capital Markets, Asset Allocation (Private Equity, Venture Capital, Fixed Income, Equities, etc.) and financial advisory (Accounting and Management Consulting). The Alcedio Capital Markets group has exposure across North America and is diversified across a broad range of industries. The group has exposure to Mergers & Acquisitions (“M&A”), public offerings and sourcing various forms of capital for a client base comprised of institutions, family offices, and private & listed issuers. The Associate/ VP will work very closely with senior management on capital markets mandates and will be quite active throughout, having direct exposure to institutional funds and clients. It is a great opportunity for an individual to grow with a fast-growing business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Creation and maintenance of various dynamic financial models to analyze investment opportunities, including all relevant valuation, scenario, return, and sensitivity calculations. (Mainly built from scratch but deal dependent)
- Willingness to work in a broad range of industries that may include but not limited to the following: power, oil and gas, consumer goods, real estate, industrials, and technology.
- Ability to travel and work globally with a focus across North America (Mexico/ United States/ Canada).
- Develop and defend recommendations for product offerings, private equity and venture transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and valuations.
- Preparation and review of materials, including presentations, pitchbooks, teasers, virtual data rooms.
- Encouraged to develop relationships with new and existing clients in order to expand the business.
- Perform due diligence on prospective clients and Alcedio investments.
- Assist in creating presentations, budgets and financial models for portfolio companies.
- Strategize, evaluate projects, prepare and review various documents for current portfolio companies and potential clients.
- Support on ad hoc requests and requirements from other divisions as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Undergraduate degree with a focus in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or quantitative fields.
- Relevant experience in a finance and/or business background, particularly on the quantitative side.
- Excellent understanding and an ability to prepare financial models and valuation analysis.
- Excellent computer literacy with a focus on Office including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to multi-task in an environment where priorities can change rapidly.
- Self-motivated and thrives with independence and accountability.
- Eager to learn new aspects of the business and inquisitive about the various processes.
- Ability to think outside the box and offer creative solutions when faced with unexpected challenges.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Impeccable research, quantitative and analytical skills, especially in explaining market events.