Research Associate - U.S. Team
ABOUT THE TEAM:
William Blair’s buy-side research team is responsible for identifying quality growth companies that will generate above-average results for clients over time with generally less risk than the market. The team identifies these companies through a combination of rigorous fundamental research and systematic inputs, following a disciplined process that emphasizes team collaboration.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBLITIES:
This role will assist in the preparation and execution of industry and company research and analyses for use in the formulation of security analyses. Gather, organize, and analyze market, company and financial performance data as directed by senior Research team members. Create and maintain financial models based on analysis requests. Prepare internal written reports, notes, presentations and other documents to communicate investment ideas, research, news events and opinions regarding security analyses.
- Build knowledge of assigned industry and companies and keep abreast of related market developments and news.
- Gather and organize research data related to assigned industry and companies, and maintain accurate, current research databases.
- Collect information on financial performance, competitive industry positioning, quality of company management, etc. as directed by senior Research team members.
- Analyze market sectors and trends and conduct financial and accounting statement analyses.
- Develop and maintain financial models for revenue and income forecasts, cash flow analysis, balance sheet and quarterly projections which are aligned with research requests.
- Assist in the preparation of industry and company reports, presentations and exhibits to summarize research findings for Research teams.
- May participate in meetings with company management, brokers, investment and research staff to obtain relevant research information.
- Document and maintain information for analysis activities.
- Ensure all work activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of related work experience in investment research or financial services.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Financial analysis and accounting statement analysis skills.
- Basic knowledge of investment concepts and products.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with investment and research teams.
- Delivers clear, effective verbal and written communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- Proficient in Internet searches and Microsoft Office products.
- Practical and capable of simplifying and summarizing complex information.
- Commits to satisfying internal and external customers.