Junior Emerging Markets Equity Analyst
$190bln global asset manager seeks a Junior Emerging Markets Equity Analyst generalist (0-2 years’ experience) to cover Latin America and EEMEA markets.
The successful candidate will have an excellent academic background from a top global institution. The candidate should show a history of diligent work ethic and passion for markets, investing, and geopolitics. The analyst will work with a small team covering a large universe, making time-management and self-motivation critical. Travel to EM markets will be required. The analyst will interact closely with Senior Analysts and Portfolio Managers and have a steep learning curve while sitting in a collegial setting.
- Conduct in-depth fundamental research across various sectors and countries
- Provide company analysis to portfolio managers running EEMEA, LatAm, and global emerging market investment strategies – this involves modeling, formal write-ups, and presentations
- Monitor and report on key market and company data, implications, and recommendations
- Make company visits and attend industry conferences to follow industry trends and assess company prospects
- Maintain constant over site of fund holdings, including analysis of quarterly earnings reports
- Assist marketing process with data and formatting for presentations, white papers, and client letters
- Communicate regularly with investment team members in the firm’s overseas offices
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Degree in finance, economics, or accounting from a top academic institution with a GPA of 3.5 or above
- Must have a grasp of basic financial statements
- Ability to speak one of the following languages: Spanish, Arabic, Russian, or Portuguese
- Strong writing skills
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Desire to work in a team-oriented, collegial environment
- Well rounded team player who will fit with a down-to-earth firm culture
Candidates should send their resume and a one paragraph investment idea (with a price target) to email@example.com and include “Junior Emerging Markets Equity Analyst” in the subject line.