Client Research & Analysis, Senior Associate/Vice President
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
The Senior Associate/Vice President will play an integral role as part of a new, specialized function within Teneo’s investor relations advisory team focused on providing unique insights and analysis on clients as well as supporting special client projects. It will be critical that the Senior Associate/Vice President has the ability to analyze companies in order to identify:
- Reasons for under- or over-valuation
- Relative competitive or market position
- Opportunities for portfolio optimization or value creation, including strategic alternatives
- Opportunities to improve capital allocation
- Gaps in strategy and communications to the financial community that hinder full value realization
- Vulnerabilities to activist and/or other shareholder involvement
- Articulate findings, both internally and to prospective/existing clients in written, presentation, and/or verbally
- Work with coverage teams to ensure that mandate is executed to maximum result
- Provide strategic counsel to client coverage teams engaged in special situation financial mandates (M&A, valuation work, etc.), crisis management, investor campaigns, activist defense
- Evaluate clients periodically to ensure current mandates are being fulfilled as well as reviewing opportunities for increased engagement
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on the buy or sell-side, with a preference for special situations, sector strategy, or activism