Connor, Clark & Lunn Private Capital Ltd.
We are always interested in networking with talented individuals for the Vice President role across all offices but have a unique opportunity at this time located in Vancouver. The successful candidate will gain immediate client servicing opportunities that will provide a significant start to growing a practice.
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group provides investment management services to individuals, advisors, pension plans, institutional investors and foundations. As a unique “multi-boutique” asset management firm, Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group is uniquely focused on creating the conditions for success for its clients, partners and employees. The firm has offices across Canada and London, UK and through its affiliated investment managers is responsible for the investment of over $86 billion in assets under management.
Connor, Clark & Lunn Private Capital is an affiliate of the Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group, providing professional discretionary money management services to individual investors, foundations and endowments. The firm is currently responsible for approximately $11 billion in client assets.
Why Join Connor, Clark & Lunn Private Capital?
- To join an entrepreneurial-spirited business
- To capitalize on a unique and attractive compensation structure
- To become an owner/partner of a strong and growing private business
- To work within a unique multi-boutique structure that clearly differentiates Connor, Clark &Lunn from the rest of the industry
- To be part of a highly reputable team and growing firm that has a track record of success
Connor, Clark & Lunn Private Capital has a significant opportunity to capture new business in the direct high net worth and not-for-profit market, as well as through partnerships with the advisor community. High level job accountabilities include:
- Building your own practice of new clients through appropriate business development activities sourced from within your ever-growing network
- Building and maintaining relationships with lawyers, accountants, and other centres-of-influence, including independent financial advisors who will enable you to build your practice
- Maintaining client relationships throughout varying market and performance conditions by providing clients with proactive and exceptional service
- Establishing immediate credibility with successful, sophisticated high net worth clients
- The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work with existing clients and build on these relationships for further growth of a practice
The ideal candidate will be a successful business builder with strong sales experience interested in using their existing network to establish their own business at CC&L Private Capital. They will pursue high net worth business development activities directly with high net worth individuals or by way of independent investment advisors. This individual will also be experienced in client servicing and able to step into this role immediately with clients of the firm.
Key attributes will be:
- An aptitude for business development, sales and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and a high level of integrity
- Natural relationship building and networking skills
- Great communicator with excellent presentation abilities
- An interest to capitalize on prior industry experience to build an asset with unlimited upside potential with significant autonomy
- Five to ten years’ related industry experience
- Undergraduate degree; CIM or CFA (Level 1) required We are always hiring candidates with this profile.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter combined as one PDF document at the following link: https://jobapply.page.link/HYzF. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.