Connor, Clark & Lunn Private Capital Ltd.
Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON
Connor, Clark & Lunn Private Capital is an affiliate of Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group, providing professional discretionary money management services to high-net-worth individual investors, indigenous groups, foundations and endowments. We are currently looking for a Communications Specialist to join our Communications team.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this role, you will primarily deliver high quality investment proposals in a timely manner for the CC&L Private Capital sales team. You will be central to coordinating the information from subject matter experts in portfolio management and investment operations across the Group. Time management, project management and attention to detail are required to be successful in this role. In addition, you will be responsible for supporting a broad range of initiatives across communications that will require your investment industry understanding.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing and completing Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) for CC&L Private Capital prospective and existing clients; this involves working closely with subject matter experts from all business areas including compliance, investment management and operations
- Drafting new responses and recommending value added enhancements to the existing RFP responses
- Maintaining an RFP response database and ensuring consistency across all marketing materials
- Developing and producing various presentations, reports and sales materials
- Supporting competitor and market intelligence initiatives
- Supporting Customer Relationship Management (CRM) initiative
- Supporting firm promotion and marketing tactics as required
- Investment Knowledge: You have an undergraduate degree and a genuine interest for the investment industry. 2-3 years of experience in an investment firm, bank or trust company will be beneficial to your success. Completion of relevant industry courses is an asset.
- Time and Project Management Skills: Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and the ability to work flexibly, under pressure, and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Attention to Detail: Exceptional attention to detail – grammatical, quantitative, and formatting/branding.
- Collaborative Communication: You possess exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, where you are able to articulate yourself clearly and work well with others to resolve complex issues.
- Positive Attitude: You are sharp, ambitious, and prepared to “roll up your sleeves.” You will seek to improve existing processes and help to implement creative solutions.
- Technology: You possess proficient working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
About Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group manages over $86 billion on behalf of institutional and individual clients. We believe that success in asset management is an outcome of attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented individuals in our industry.
This is best achieved by the delivery of:
- A High-Quality Environment – To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed – To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward – To recognize each person's contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
Our business comprises of eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds which distributes single strategy investments to individual investors. Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution and business management.
We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to over $86 billion and 600+ people today and this has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward we can see both challenges and opportunities for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people in our industry.
To apply for this position, please submit both your cover letter and resume combined as one PDF document at the following link: https://jobapply.page.link/zf9U. Please describe in your cover letter what interests you about the role and your relevant experiences and skill set.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.