Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS) Analyst
3 days left
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The position will be responsible for analyzing and developing credit opinions on securitized transactions, with a primary focus on RMBS. The position will require analysis of financial and property market fundamentals, security level cash flows, ongoing security surveillance, the assignment of credit ratings, and trade recommendations that benefit T. Rowe Price portfolios. The analyst will be an integral part of the Securitized Products team at T. Rowe Price.
1. Analyze and evaluate investment opportunities across the RMBS universe.
2. Analyze and recommend potential purchases and sales of securitized products securities to enhance portfolio performance. Conduct fundamental sector, market and security analysis, and combine relative value and strategy considerations in sector and security recommendations.
3. Analyze fundamental market developments in the residential real estate, mortgage lending and other securitized markets, including underwriting standards, mortgage prepayment and default forecasting, property market trends, and their impact on security and sector performance.
4. Communicate and collaborate with various internal and external parties to develop well-researched, sound investment recommendations and sector theses. Interact with Rating Agency analysts, external sector experts, T. Rowe Price Portfolio Managers, Equity and Credit analysts, and Quantitative analysts, among others.
- College degree with concentration in business, finance, or economics.
- Three years of direct investment experience with RMBS products.
- Experience developing and maintaining reports and data.
- Basic understanding of financial accounting, derivatives markets and computer skills
- Experience using Intex and Bloomberg
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong decision-making and risk management background.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of structured credit.
- Collaborative, inquisitive and detail-oriented personality.
- Knowledge of other securitized credit sectors
- Advanced business degree is a plus.
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation preferred.