DWS Portfolio Performance Manager – Assistant Vice President
6 days left
Job Description: Job Title: DWS Product Lifecycle Manager
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, NY
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 745bn of assets under management (as of June 2019). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management – as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus – complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients.
Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach. DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team.
Product Life Cycle Management is a dynamic team within the Product Strategy, Lifecycle and Analytics sub-division as part of the Product Division in DWS. The team acts as an integral enabler for systematic management of the DWS product suite, in order to position our product suite as the key differentiator in an increasingly competitive asset management industry environment. We use a globally standardized product life cycle framework and tools to generate automated end-to-end product health reviews and subsequently define targeted actions for each product based on deep dives and expert sessions. The US role focuses on both Product Economics, in particular an analysis of net flows and profitability, as well as Performance and Investment Quality of all of our US products.
What We Offer You:
Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Skills and Experience:
Assistant Vice President
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through DWS’s specialized employee groups
- Define and implement a clearly defined product life cycle management framework by using a process that combines state-of-the-art analytics and a clear view on product health
- Continuously evaluate DWS’s US product range across all asset classes, trigger targeted changes to the existing product suite or new launches based on ongoing automated health reviews at any stage of the product lifecycle and across all three Divisions
- Evaluate the performance and investment quality of our strategies and assess the level of skill (vs. luck) driving the investment results
- Assess the strategic fit of our products to our product strategy including our defined ambition level as well as their fit to identified secular trends
- Prepare and lead deep dives and workshops in different formats with senior stakeholders to discuss and analyze product action signals and opportunities and threats arising from these for DWS, as well as how to further improve performance and investment quality
- Ensure that targeted actions are aligned between Divisions, as well as track their progress and success
- An outstanding degree in Finance, Economics, or a quantitative field from a renowned leading international university - a PhD in a related field or a CFA would definitely be a plus; very good communication skills in English - further skills in German would be an asset
- Knowledge and relevant experience in investment strategies, portfolio management and performance evaluation in combination with knowledge of behavioral aspects in the context of portfolio management
- Strong analytical background - programming skills and knowledge in one of the leading BI tools would be a clear asset and experience with the relevant data providers such as Bloomberg, Morningstar, eVestment, etc
- Proven ability to present complex topics in an understandable and comprehensible manner and to communicate accordingly to senior stakeholders
- Professional experience in projects, especially with focus on development of new business models and frameworks including the ability to manage various stakeholders at all levels across the Firm