Financial Data Associate (Japanese Speaking)
Moody’s Investors Service is among the world’s most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor.
At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
- Support new deal set-up, data capture (e.g., amendments), lifecycle data maintenance, data quality assurance and tracking support to the rating analysts within the designated Line of Business (LOB)
- Performs administrative tasks including but not limited: to data updates, prepares rating action, bulk rating actions, publishing ratings, research and press release templates and disclosures consistent with regulatory requirements, internal policies and guidelines for designated LOB support; participates in projects
- Monitors designated mailboxes to ensure timely and effective handling of internal and external client requests. Organizes work to meet deadlines and time sensitive requests/projects.
- Facilitates resolution to technical issues and/or more complex external inquiries with supervision by Senior Financial Data Associate/Specialist/Team Leader
- Builds positive relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction
- Demonstrates the ability to deal professionally with clients. Delivers high level of service across high volume of transactions.
- Promptly and efficiently escalates conflicts/problems/database/data inconsistency
- Able to identify and research issues and/or discrepancies with data and/or requests for follow up with the analyst.
- Resolves basic client inquiries (both internal and external clients)
- Demonstrates increasing awareness of procedures, guidelines and regulatory requirements as it pertains to their job function by asking relevant questions.
- Liaison with Rating Teams and other Moody’s departments (Commercial, Information Technology, etc.) as required
- Provide back-up coverage for designated associate in the event of absence and holidays to ensure seamless service to GMO clients
- Willing to accept new challenges
- Demonstrates flexibility with last minute changes in commitments and deadlines
- Contributes positively to the team even under pressure or when performing routine and/or administrative tasks
- Places interest of the team above individual self-interest
- Continue to develop broad based knowledge of financial instruments, terminology, and related business practices
- Fluent in English, native Japanese is a good plus.
- Entry level position. Some relevant work experience and/or relevant internship experience preferred. Previous financial data or product experience would be advantageous.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive process with no error
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business concepts to a senior audience.
- Highly organized and efficient
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.)
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assume customer satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Works using own initiative and without close supervision
- Strong administrator with excellent administrative skills