Investor Relations Analyst
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT LIM ADVISORS – HONG KONG OFFICE
LIM Advisors is a high-profile investment manager based in Hong Kong. LIM Advisors was founded in 1995 by George Long, who is the Chairman and Chief Investment Officer. The firm specialises in both credit and hedge fund investment management and manages a range of investment funds across a number of different mandates.
The LIM Advisors Marketing & Investor Relations department is looking for a new member of the team as detailed below. We are looking to hire as soon as possible for a full-time position based in the company headquarters in Hong Kong. This is an opportunity to join a high-quality institutional investment management company as an Analyst in the Marketing & Investor Relations team where you will work under the guidance of a Senior Manager with ample scope for growth and development, and a varied and interesting role that will span a number of different departments and work streams.
Title: Investor Relations Assistant
- Assist the team in its efforts to increase revenues, product penetration and assets under management (“AUM”) across the LIM Advisors product offering.
- Assist the marketing and investor relations team with all elements of servicing the needs of existing and potential investors, including but not limited to;
- Assist with fund-specific investor presentation preparation and monthly updates including performance and other changes.
- Assist in updating and maintaining due-diligence questionnaires (“DDQ”).
- Assist with fund-specific newsletter creation and distribution.
- Assist with information preparation to respond to ad hoc investor requests.
- Assist with regular updates of third-party databases as required by investment consultants
- Assist with the creation of ad hoc presentations as required for fund Board of Directors and/or the Investment Committee
- Attend and assist with setting-up and managing investor meetings; both virtual and physical meetings between existing and potential investors and the CIO, portfolio managers or other team members.
- Help ensure timely follow-up of investor requests for information to support marketing efforts.
- Assist with operational and investment due-diligence enquiries by potential investors.
- Degree holder or above from a recognised University.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience within hedge-funds, private equity, alternatives, sell-side capital introduction or investor relations, or buy-side investor relations or within the fund allocator space, including from investment fund consultants.
- Good knowledge of hedge fund strategies or private credit investment, including knowledge of the investor landscape.
- Desire to participate in a fast-paced and meritocratic environment and support various projects with enthusiasm.
- Flexibility to work to tight deadlines on a diverse range of tasks.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, attention to detail applied.
- Strong PowerPoint presentation creation skills.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in English required with Mandarin and/or Cantonese advantageous.
You will be offered a rewarding package including base salary and the opportunity to participate in discretionary annual bonuses, as well as excellent opportunities for long-term career development and professional growth. We also provide medical insurance and provident fund contributions.
To apply please send a detailed resume together with a cover letter detailing your professional experience so far, with a specific focus on experience that will be useful for an investor relations role. Please detail your interest in finance or investments. You must include detail supporting your MS Excel and PowerPoint skills. Finally please explain why you wish to pursue a career in investor relations.
This information should be sent in pdf form to LIM.HumanResources@LIMAdvisors.com with the subject title “LIM Advisors – Investor Relations Assistant – 2021”.
Personal data collected in the course of your application will be used for the purposes of recruitment only, and will be destroyed after 12 months. If you are short-listed for interview we will contact you by lunar New Year 2021, and applicants not contacted by then can consider their application unsuccessful.
LIM Advisors is authorised by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong to carry on Type 4 (Advising on Securities) and Type 9 (Asset Management) business.