The Seattle City Employees' Retirement System (SCERS) is a public pension system that provides retirement income to City of Seattle employees and their beneficiaries. There are approximately 9,000 active employee members and 7,000 retired employee members (or their beneficiaries) who participate in the plan. SCERS is led by a seven-member Board of Administration and an Executive Director appointed by the Board.
SCERS is seeking highly qualified candidates for Investment Officer position. The Investment Officer will contribute to the stewardship of a $3.5 billion investment portfolio that is diversified by asset class and managed by multiple investment management firms ("investment managers"). The Investment Officer will be primarily focused on researching investment strategies, conducting due diligence on investment managers, and monitoring the portfolio.
This is a full-time exempt position reporting to the Chief Investment Officer.
Education: A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, or a closely related or hard sciences field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Three or more years of investment-related work experience.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and a curiosity and commitment to learning about investing and the capital markets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and the ability to quickly learn new applications as needed.
- Five or more years of investment-related work experience.
- Completion or progress towards a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) designation or a master's degree in a relevant field.
- Prior experience working within a multi-asset class, multi-manager portfolio.
- Experience with Bloomberg, eVestment or other investment tools.