Portfolio Manager Lead
Portfolio Manager Lead – Private Market Real Estate – Downtown Columbus, Ohio
Are you an investment professional that has a desire to lead and manage a knowledgeable and collaborative team? Do you thrive on researching and implementing new investment initiatives or developing new manager relationships? Are you passionate about investing in tangible assets? If so, we may have your next career move! At the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS), a 60-person investment staff manages a $100 billion portfolio of diversified assets across public and private markets. They work diligently to create value in order to ensure the long-term financial health of the Plan which benefits over one million Ohioans who have dedicated their careers to public service. We are currently searching for a Portfolio Manager Lead to become an integral member of our Private Alternatives team.
What you’ll do
- As a senior member of the Private Alternatives team, you would lead, develop and enhance our $8B plus real estate program that invests through open-end commingled funds, close-end funds and separate account relationships
- Actively engage with a team of seasoned investment professionals who value initiative, creative solutions and intellectual curiosity
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement the portfolio structures, strategies and tactical allocations
- Research and discuss potential investment themes and opportunities
- Lead and coordinate staff’s due diligence and monitoring of private real estate investments
- Facilitate staff’s understanding of legal agreements and negotiation skills
- Assist in evaluating other private alternative strategies, and participate in tactical asset allocation meetings for the Plan
For full job details go : https://www.opers.org/careers/position-details/PM-Lead-2021-01-28.pdf
What you’ll bring
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with a master’s or MBA being preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational, leadership and problem-solving skills
- At least 8 years of commercial real estate investment experience is required
- At least 5 years of direct or indirect experience managing a staff of investment professionals is also required
- Inquisitiveness, a love of learning and the ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Outstanding Excel skills including the ability to create pivot tables and use the v-Lookup function, as well as PC proficiency and strong MS Office experience including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with relational databases or private market software is a plus
- The CFA or CAIA is strongly preferred
- The ability to become licensed as a State Retirement System Investment Officer (SRSIO) within six month of hire and to abide by the OPERS Personal Trading Policy is required
What we offer
- A collaborative, team-oriented atmosphere with an opportunity to work with other areas of our Investments team.
- A competitive salary range starting at $196,414.40 / annually with opportunity to participate in the OPERS Incentive Compensation Program
- Professional growth through development opportunities and continuing education
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance
- Pension with 457(b) company match opportunity
- Onsite fitness center, cafeteria and free onsite, covered parking
- Earn up to 13 days of vacation, 13 days of sick leave and three personal days each year
Application deadline information
- We are accepting applications beginning 01/28/2021 – 2/11/2021, or until filled.
- Apply online at: http://bit.ly/36ohEXk
Who we are
Since 1935, OPERS has provided security and peace of mind to Ohio’s retired public workers and their families by offering retirement, disability and survivor benefit programs for public employers. Our office is in downtown Columbus, minutes from the historic German Village neighborhood and the bustling Short North District. Columbus is a city that never stops innovating, thriving or shaping tomorrow and those attributes align perfectly with our core values. At OPERS, we never stop working for our members and investing in their futures.
As OPERS associates, we make a difference in our members’ lives from the moment they join the Plan, throughout their careers and well into retirement. When you join the OPERS family, you'll become part of a dynamic, diverse community that shares a passion for serving others. And you’ll become a member too - the work we do as OPERS associates directly impacts our own futures.
Build your career by joining the largest state pension fund in Ohio which proudly serves over 700,000 public employees and retirees. Benefit from a competitive Total Rewards Package that includes access to financial and personal wellness tools and resources. Be part of a dynamic, diverse community that shares a passion for serving others. Apply today!