As a member of the Treasury team within Grosvenor’s Finance Department, the Analyst will have a primary focus on conducting investment operations-related responsibilities pertaining to cash and liquidity management, portfolio hedging and counterpart risk management, as well as ensuring that the decisions of the appropriate governing bodies and committees are implemented appropriately.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Responsible for liquidity management of the GCM Grosvenor managed funds.
- This includes cash forecasting, payment processing, FX exposure management, liquidity management reporting, temporary investments, etc.
- Participate in FX exposure management through forecasting, pre-trade preparation, and settlement of foreign exchange transactions.
- Assist in the establishment and ongoing support of credit facilities.
- Assist in the management of banking relationships including bank account opening and ongoing maintenance.
- Support securities and derivatives trading activity.
- Participate in the management of counterparty risk by diversifying exposures to various counterparties, monitoring the financial health of counterparties, including credit ratings and CDS premiums, reviewing quarterly and annual financial reports and presenting trends to the CFO.
- Implement, and execute policies and procedures to reduce operational risk and gain efficiencies.
- Liaise between the firm and its external vendors including banks, administrators, and trading counterparties.
- Participate in cross-department working groups and special projects as required. Provide the highest level of client service to Grosvenor’s clients and internal stakeholders.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or other relevant major with a superior grade point average. 0 - 2 years of business experience in the financial industry.
- A prior focus in the asset management segment of the financial services industry is preferable, and particularly in the alternative investment segment.
- Working knowledge in the following areas: Cash and Liquidity Management, Cash Management and Execution, Cash Forecasting and Settlement, Lending Facilities Management, Portfolio Hedges, Calculate foreign currency exposure and the impact of offsetting risk by utilizing forward foreign currency contracts, Counterparty Risk Management and Monitor various counterparties.
- Background in foreign currency funds and valuation a plus.
- Must have strong PC experience and be highly proficient in MS Excel, MS Word.
- Experience with general ledger and portfolio software is desirable.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Capacity to work well in a fast paced, changing environment with a high level of flexibility.
- Excellent writing and listening skills with a proven ability to disseminate information effectively and articulate your thoughts in a clear, concise manner to both clients and staff through written correspondence, presentations and/or meetings.
- Proven ability to take control and manage tasks independently to closure.
- Attention to detail and concern for quality and accuracy of final product (and ability to balance that concern with deadlines).
- High degree of integrity and the ability to recognize the requirements of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated self-starter, continuous learner and independent thinker who is able to work collaboratively with others.
- Well organized and must have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a cross functional team environment.
- Commitment to excellent client service.
- Outstanding decision making and problem solving skills.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor is a global alternatives investment firm with $57 billion in assets under management in private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, absolute return strategies, and multi-asset class opportunistic investments. We have specialized in alternatives since 1971, and we are dedicated to unlocking value for our clients by leveraging our cross-asset class and flexible investment platform.
Our experienced team of approximately 500 professionals from diverse backgrounds serves a global client base of institutional and high net worth investors. GCM Grosvenor is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
A diverse, engaged team is critical to our ability to successfully create and deliver value to our clients. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse professionals can thrive professionally, and we are dedicated to training, retaining and promoting minorities, women, LGBTQ employees, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Over 55% of GCM Grosvenor employees and 43% of executive management are women and/or ethnically diverse individuals. In addition, we seek to drive a more diverse, inclusive industry through our partnership with diverse professionals organizations and by consciously working with subcontractors and vendors that are certified as minority-, women-, or persons with disabilities-owned businesses.
For more information, visit www.gcmgrosvenor.com