Parsec’s mission is to help guide clients to financial security and our investment process focuses on creating well-diversified portfolios for our clients. We utilize a mix of active and passive investments across asset classes and investment types, including mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, and bonds. The Research Analyst (RA) must be skilled in identifying, generating, and communicating relevant economic, market and security-specific research to aid in our investment process. The RA is responsible for compiling research reports and making investment recommendations to the Research Committee as overseen by the Director of Investment Management and Chief Investment Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Research Analyst can expect to focus on the following:
- Create, update and present in-depth due diligence on covered securities for the Research and Investment Policy Committees (IPC).
- Screen for new stock and fund ideas as well as maintain buy lists.
- Develop and maintain model portfolios for different asset allocations from the list of buy-rated securities.
- Develop and maintain stock and fund quant scoring systems.
- Maintain quantitative ranking, recommendation history and performance tracking spreadsheets.
- Generate content for advisors, clients, and marketing collateral as needed.
- Create and present external and internal presentations on our research and economic outlook.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Research Analyst position typically requires the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in finance, business, accounting, economics, or related experience.
- Holds or is working towards obtaining the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
- 0-4 years of experience in the financial services industry (preferably in a research capacity).
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; experience with CRM and portfolio management software programs a plus. Proficiency with FactSet preferred but not required.
- Passionate about investing and helping guide clients to financial success.
Job-Specific Core Competencies
- Must be analytically minded and interested in furthering their investment knowledge
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to reprioritize tasks.
- Utilizes organizational resources in a manner that encourages commitment and delivers results.
- Does everything possible to meet goals and deadlines.
- Is seen as a collaborative team player.
- Regularly seeks out new opportunities to contribute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Firm-Wide Core Competencies
- Recognizes what tasks are most critical and gives those tasks more time, attention, and energy.
- Is honest, open, and transparent.
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality, error-free work.
- Maintains knowledge in given area of expertise.
- Demonstrates ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial, small company environment.
- Highly adaptable to change and open to new ideas.
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a part of the team and organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a cover letter and résumé to Director of Resources, Parsec Financial, PO Box 2324, Asheville, NC 28802 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Résumés without cover letters will not be read. No calls.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors