Portfolio Manager, International Equities
JOB TITLE: PORTFOLIO MANAGER, INTERNATIONAL EQUITIES
POSITION REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT, ASSET MANAGEMENT & RESEARCH
DEPARTMENT: ASSET MANAGEMENT UNIT
ROLE & CORE FUNCTION
The Portfolio Manager (PM), International Equities (IE) is a critical figure in the Company’s portfolio strategy, construction and management process. The PM, IE is primarily responsible for the management of several globally allocated equity portfolios spanning Emerging and Developed Markets.
Specific responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to;
- Managing the investment model design and implementation for various distinct discretionary equity portfolios towards generating absolute and risk adjusted returns that outperform both established benchmarks as well as competitors;
- Maintaining compliance with required investment policy, risk and regulatory limits
- Conducting portfolio analysis including performance attribution and risk metrics and reporting periodically to management and the Investment Committee;
- Collaborating with the Investment Research Unit on due diligence exercises, modelling, financial market coverage, and investment manager coverage and commentary;
- Generating and applying ideas for new investment strategies and techniques;
- Interfacing with management level committees as well as potential external parties on matters related to the portfolios under management;
- Aiding in the growth of assets under management (AUM) by supporting the Sales Team by preparing and delivering asset management proposals for Institutional & High Net Worth clients;
- Aiding with the development and implementation of new Asset Management Products;
- Proactively reviewing investment policies and programmes and making recommendations for adjustments accordingly;
- Performing any other job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Accounts or any other related discipline.
- Graduate Level Degree in Finance (or related discipline), MBA and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM) or Chartered Market Technician (CMT) or Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) Designations strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in Treasury Management, Investment Research, Portfolio Management or Investment Banking.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in international equity markets
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required.
- Proficiency with Bloomberg Investment System required.
- Strong financial analytic skills and an ability to balance risk/reward when evaluating investment opportunities.
- Sound background in technical and fundamental securities analysis.
- Working knowledge of portfolio accounting and performance calculations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate investment philosophy, strategy and performance to internal and external clients.
- High degree of attention to detail, with ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and personnel management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well with others.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment of the securities dealing industry.
- Self-directedness and excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Sound knowledge of global financial markets.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Outperformance of stated benchmarks and competitors
- Maintenance of compliance with regulatory and internal limits
- Timeliness and accuracy of reports
- Effectiveness of business development efforts against targets
- Demonstrating high ethical standards, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism
- Displaying high levels of focus on internal and external customer satisfaction