Senior Manager, Product Management - Multi-Asset Strategies
Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967 and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services to retail and institutional clients. The company has $62.5 billion in assets under management, and as part of IGM (a subsidiary of the Power Financial Group of Companies), is the largest independent asset manager in Canada, with $169.4 billion. We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Everything we do starts with the needs of investors, whether they are saving for a child’s postsecondary education, setting money aside for the future needs of a family member with a disability, or funding their own retirement. In fact, our focus is summed up in our Vision statement: We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, and we strive to create a workplace supported by the following core values: Creativity and Innovation, Strong Decision Making, Collaboration, Courage, Honesty and Integrity, Confidence and Pride.
At Mackenzie Investments you can Build Your Career with Confidence by:
Changing the Game: We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them.
Making a Smarter World: We believe in continuous learning, understanding what is most important and sharing the benefits of that knowledge.
Being Proud: As a part of our team you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Joining an Unstoppable Team: We build teams that look out for each other, ask the best of each other and deliver the finest work.
Learning and Growing: We offer an environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn; getting the challenges and feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities.
Thriving in a Supportive Environment: We have created a workplace where your efforts and career are supported by your team and your leader.
The Senior Investment Product Manager will communicate the complexities and opportunities in Mackenzie’s Multi-Asset Strategies fund shelf to stakeholders across the country. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background paired with demonstrated communication skills, both written and via presentations. The role requires a nuanced understanding of the value quantitative and fundamental portfolio management techniques bring, as well as the skill to distill the value down into meaningful narratives to less technical stakeholders, both internal and external. This position reports to the VP, Senior Investment Director, Multi-Asset. The Senior Investment Product Manager will also provide input to strategic direction, develop thought leadership, and interact with the portfolio management teams around the positioning of their products. She/he will play an active and important role in support of Mackenzie’s growth in the following areas:
- Develop messaging and create content to differentiate Mackenzie and explain performance
- Develop and conduct education/training for client-facing personnel
- Raise profile of competitive investment strategies or solutions to the client-facing organization
- Collaborate with client-facing colleagues to develop customized client solutions
- Provide insight, content and analytics in the completion of highly customized request for proposals (RFPs)
- Provide portfolio updates including attribution analysis to internal partners
- Assist Investment Directors and Senior Investment Director in understanding each channel and developing appropriate product strategy
- Collaborate with Investment Directors and Senior Investment Director to create content for presentations to external constituencies
- Competitive Analysis – Analyzing assets and flows, competitive performance, and positioning; communicating throughout the organization
- Articulate points of differentiation for Mackenzie products and strategies
- Marketing support – Creating content for fact sheets, brochures, or web content. Developing story lines for fund positioning, and providing input on public relations, website, sales presentations, and talking points
- Create new analytical tools and frameworks
- Develop long-term strategic business plans for existing products
- Product positioning and competitive differentiation; define unique capabilities and benefits/value proposition to effectively retain existing clients
- Develop and communicate expertise on mutual fund and institutional industry trends
- Coordinate with portfolio management, sales, and marketing to ensure and communicate consistent product positioning and messaging
- Develop proactive insights, perspectives, product training, and support to sales teams
- Contribute to new product development ideas
- Collaborate with product development and portfolio management colleagues to bring new ideas to market
- Gather and communicate intelligence from client/prospect/consultant meetings
- Create client-facing enthusiasm for innovative new products
- Client advocate within the organization
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment philosophy, process, performance and research
- Strong capital market knowledge combined with the ability to interpret and communicate the impacts to investment performance
- Understand investment strategies, performance, and attribution analysis
- Develop deep partner relationships with all Mackenzie functional units
- The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of relevant technical experience and/or leadership in asset management or wealth management businesses.
- Demonstrated persuasive writing ability, including the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong investment knowledge of capital markets and asset management
- Skill to manage multiple constituent relationships within the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including excellent communication skills and product knowledge
- Poise, judgment, and gravitas to represent Mackenzie with clients and prospects
- Must be a self-starter who is achievement-oriented, motivated and has proven problem-solving skills in a client service role coupled with creative solutions
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of Morningstar, FactSet, and Bloomberg are assets
- CFA designation, or equivalent
Values and Personal Attributes:
- Analytical, strategic thinker
- Ability to build relationships internally with all levels
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Flexible - comfort managing multiple complex tasks at once; prioritizing
- Creative, entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to implement – not just analyze
- Intellectual rigor
- Team-oriented mindset
- Warm, friendly, collegial, and approachable
- Ability to relate well to all kinds of people
- Energetic leader
- High integrity
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by February 24, 2021. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The job grade for this role is P8
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 20-161