Investment Professional/Analyst (Corporate Credit)
Nationwide Investments employs a research driven, team oriented, and results focused investment process to manage our clients’ portfolios.
Trading is one of three critical functions within the credit investment process, along with Portfolio Management and Credit Research.
The Public Corporate Credit Trading position is responsible for working with all members of the credit team to identify, execute, and monitor opportunities and investments within the corporate credit markets.
Trading responsibilities will span various industries and sectors in support of the overall management of general account and third-party portfolios.
The position will primarily focus on the investment grade corporate bond market.
· Collaborate with Credit Research and Portfolio Managers to successfully execute all aspects of the corporate credit investment process, including:
o Proactively generate investment ideas and recommendations;
o Determine optimal trade execution approach;
o Develop comprehensive and coordinated credit investment strategy customized to client portfolios;
o Identify emerging investment risks and develop/implement successful risk mitigation actions;
· Gather, analyze, and communicate credit market news, data, developments, and insights across corporate credit markets;
· Manage communications and interactions with sell-side broker/dealers, including negotiating and executing primary and secondary market transactions to optimize our clients’ long-term performance;
· Oversee operational process for trade order entry and execution and ensure adherence to compliance and risk management policies for credit trading;
· Contribute to continuous improvement of credit investment process;
· Participate in various internal forums intended to keep all stakeholders informed of credit market developments;
· Perform ad-hoc projects as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree; MBA or CFA preferred.
Experience: Minimum three years of experience. Previous corporate credit experience preferred. Additional investment experience will be required to qualify for Investment Professional consideration.
Skills and Competencies:
· Strong interpersonal skills, including managerial and leadership qualities;
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
· Well-honed written and verbal communication skills;
· Assertive with well-developed negotiating skills;
· Conversant in major fixed income and equity valuation methodologies;
· Handles pressure well and capable of managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously;
· Responsive, reliable, and timely;
· Ability to successfully coordinate and work across multiple groups;
· Proficient in Excel and Bloomberg and familiar with major electronic trading platforms.
Personal Attributes and Behaviors:
· Results driven, self-motivated, and intellectually inquisitive;
· Positive, hardworking, pro-active, and professional;
· Highly collaborative and team oriented;
· Critical and creative thinker willing to express opinions and views;
· Decisive with superb judgment;
· Organized, detailed, and process oriented;
· Capable of working independently.
Additional Job Description
The compensation for this role is based on the Investments job profile. This role can be filled at either the Investment Professional level of Investment Analyst Level based on qualifications and experience of the candidate.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Investment Bank Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Investment Bank Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Insurance Investment Bank Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Investment Bank Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Investment Bank Full Time jobs in Bachelors