Absolute Return Analyst – Agility
The Agility Investment Analyst will be a member of the group responsible for the Absolute Return component of clients’ portfolios. The analyst position plays a key role in the investment research and portfolio management functions of the Absolute Return strategy and reports directly to the Portfolio Manager.
This position is located in the Firm’s Denver, CO office, but remote work is expected at least through mid-2021.
· Proactively assist senior staff with the investment function – sourcing managers, executing due diligence processes, developing and maintaining spreadsheets, and assisting with general portfolio management responsibilities.
· Analyze existing client portfolios by creating/updating spreadsheets that help track exposures and performance data across different dimensions.
· Create/update analyses to help evaluate prospective and existing manager performance.
· Research industry trends that help inform top-down investment views.
· Assist with external manager updates and reviews (calls & meetings); this includes pre-meeting preparation and compiling notes for distribution to team members.
· Create/update models to help track various internal data including – investment pipelines, client returns, client cash flows, and risk information.
· Attend conferences and develop a network of outside investment professionals to help the Agility team with due diligence and industry intelligence.
· Assist in monitoring existing client portfolios to ensure that investment views are being expressed consistently across client portfolios.
· Perform ad hoc projects related to internal and external requests.
Desired Minimum Skills and Background:
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field.
· CFA designation or progress towards this credential is strongly preferred.
· 0-3 years of work experience in financial services; asset management or investment banking experience a plus.
· Understanding of capital markets, accounting, corporate finance, investment theory and practice, and the investment management industry; demonstrated passion for investing.
· High ethical and professional standards.
· Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
· Excellent oral and written presentation and communication skills.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word; experience with Bloomberg is preferred.
· Comfortable with global business travel.
Agility is an award-winning Outsourced Chief Investment Officer providing investment management services to endowments, foundations, families and other institutional investors. The firm invests in strategies across public markets (equities and fixed income), real assets, absolute return, and private capital and manages approximately $11.4 billion as of November 30, 2020. Agility is headquartered in Denver with additional offices in New York and Austin. For more information on Agility, please visit: https://www.agilitycio.com/
Perella Weinberg Partners is a leading global independent advisory firm, providing strategic and financial advice to a broad client base, including corporations, institutions and governments. The firm advises clients across a range of the most active industry sectors and international markets. With approximately 600 employees, Perella Weinberg Partners maintains offices in New York, Houston, London, Calgary, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Paris, and San Francisco. For more information on Perella Weinberg Partners, please visit: http://www.pwpartners.com.