Equity Research Analyst
- Collaborate with portfolio managers and senior analysts on proprietary equity research projects.
- Research and analyze market data, industry trends, company filings and all other necessary data to formulate and support team’s investment theses.
- Attend company and analyst meetings, develop a point of view, and communicate to team.
- Model company financials, formulate assumptions, and apply applicable valuation metrics.
- Perform strategic analysis of companies and provide unique investment insights to portfolio management team.
- Communicate rationale for company recommendations, sector themes and broader investment insights to investment team.
- Act as a proactive team who actively participates in the growth of our research team to deliver outstanding performance to our clients.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with growth oriented investment philosophy desired.
- Passion for finance, financial markets, and investment management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with written and verbal communication.
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Able to work independently leveraging strong problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to succeed (Scholastic, Academic, and Professional past experiences).
- 2 to 6 years of experience in the investment field or comparable educational experience.
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude in equity investment research.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint applications. Knowledge of investment applications a plus.
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
IL - 181 W Madison