SENIOR EQUITY RESEARCH ANALYST
- Key responsibilities
- Research private and public equity markets
- Source investment opportunities
- Communicate with financial sponsors and company management teams
- Execute due diligence, including financial statement analysis, business drivers analysis, valuation analysis, business and financial performance forecasting, risk assessment
- Build financial models with advanced Excel skillset
- Prepare research reports and present investment case to the Investment team
- Monitor a watch list of current and prospective investments including regular interaction with companies and network and updating of models based on new information including financial statements and other corporate actions/filings.
- Take responsibility for direct equity investment (and sale) recommendations, including co-investment opportunities.
- Skills and qualifications
- Excellent analytical skillset with an ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make decisions
- Superior knowledge of corporate finance and accounting concepts, hands on experience applying various valuation methodologies, e.g. DCF, sum of the parts.
- Sound knowledge of key industry sectors and ability to gain deep domain sector knowledge as required
- High level communication skills with the ability to express views and complex subjects clearly and succinctly
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently; aptitude to self-direct and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Functional requirements
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in buy-side or sell-side equity research.
- Bachelor's degree in economics/finance or equivalent
- CFA preferred, MBA or accounting qualification would be an advantage.
This is an opportunity to join a tightly-knit team of investment professionals managing a global portfolio of funds (excluding the MENA region). There is now scope to broaden out the mandate to include co-investments sourced by our counterparties, as well as other direct equity positions. The position could be based in the UK, Dubai, or the EU (after an initial integration into the team).
The position will offer a competitive and comprehensive package.