Established in 1995, Vancity Investment Management (VCIM) was one of the first wealth management firms in Canada to focus on investments that deliver competitive returns while making a positive impact on the world.
Today, we continue to lead the way, finding new and innovative investment opportunities that meet rigorous environmental, social, and governance standards. We provide tailored, discretionary management services to individuals, foundations, unions and other institutions that wish to generate wealth through sustainable, profitable, and responsible investments.
VCIM portfolio managers are registered as advising representatives with the British Columbia Securities Commission (and other securities commissions when applicable) and work directly with clients to determine the right investment strategy and actively monitor and manage the account.
Vancity Investment Management is looking to grow our team and looking for a member facing Portfolio Manager who has proven client relationship management and sales experience to drive our growth. This growth is achieved by your exceptional client service and your ability to collaborate with colleagues, Centers of Influence, peers, and various networks to grow your book of business.
Working alongside our inhouse team of Investment Managers, Financial and Estate Planning professionals you will provide wholistic financial and investment planning advice to your members.
If you have a successful track record of providing discretionary investment solutions, would like to build a thriving business and work with an incredible team of professionals we would like to talk further to you.
- Responsible for acquiring new clients either through our existing membership, external networks both with retail clients as well as unions, foundations and other institutions.
- Actively contact and manage a book of clients on a frequent basis to review the economic & market conditions, portfolio performance and to maintain excellent relationships.
- Determine the appropriate asset allocation for your clients keeping in mind tax implications. Monitor, review and report on client performance regularly.
- Ensure the investment management process and client portfolios adhere to all internal and external compliance policies and procedures.
- Support VCIM’s Portfolio Management Consultants (developing Portfolio Managers) through coaching, mentoring, assistance with client on-boarding and supervisory oversight on client portfolios.
- Build awareness of VCIM’s products, services and offering in all our member facing channels as well as externally.
- Champion our brand with your professionalism, business acumen and strong relationship skills.
- Work collaboratively as a team member contributing ideas, suggestions and input to move VCIM forward.
Chartered Financial Analyst® designation or Chartered Investment Manager designation plus:
- Portfolio management / market analysis experience necessary for registration with provincial securities regulators, for example the BCSC and OSC, as an advising representative. Current registrants preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant industry experience, including experience in a relationship management role.
- Minimum 3 years of portfolio building experience in an IRROC, capital markets, or Portfolio Management licensed capacity.
- Excellent ability to build rapport with a wide variety of individuals, using superb communication skills, both written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex investment solutions, the markets & the economy to a variety of audiences.
- Highly professional reputation and judgment with strong ethics and values.
- Demonstrable track record of community involvement and active networking.
- CFP and CAIA designations are considered assets.
- Experience working with GWP & Microsoft Dynamics is an asset, but at minimum proficient at portfolio management and client relationship management software is required.