Technology Risk Manager (m/f)
Sobre a vaga
Technology is at the heart of most modern organizations. As well as opening a world of opportunities, technology exposes organizations to a variety of risks. We help our clients to identify and manage these risks to protect their stakeholders. Our purpose is to translate uncertainty into confidence so that performance is accelerated. Our independent assurance and assessment capabilities provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their technology risk landscape and can be used by our clients to build trust and confidence with investors, management, customers and other key stakeholders or when required by regulation.
As a Manager within our Technology Risk team, you will help our clients identify and manage their technology risks whilst simultaneously gaining skills to develop a career in a fast-growing professional services organization. Working with some of the world’s most prestigious Financial Service (FS) organizations you will be an integral part of our Technology Risk team, part of Consulting within EY Portugal.
As a Technology Risk Manager, your areas of focus include project & program risk, operational & technology resilience, technology risk & control, the impact of regulatory change on data and technology, third-party risk management and emerging technology risk.
We are a market leader across Big-4 with significant revenue growth projected in 2021. We are also continuing to evolve our capability to innovate and automate which also places us ahead of our competition. We have a clear focus on delivering high-quality, high-profile, multi-discipline, multi-country projects, helping clients solve their most complex IT and data issues with a clear focus on quality. We are part of a single integrated financial services in Portugal as part of wider FSO EMEIA Technology Risk team consisting of over 500 people, serving some of the largest financial services institutions in the world.
Working on projects that cross borders and sectors, the experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else.
Your key responsibilities
In this role, you will be part of multiple projects that require you to give the best advice to our clients using your knowledge and experience to provide the best outcomes. The job description:
- Leading the management of multiple Technology Risk projects for clients that operates in financial services market (Banking and Capital Markets, Asset Management and Insurance);
- Ensuring risk management at the customer level and business continuity;
- Helping organizations to identify and assess their most important IT risks, to mitigate the risks and to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of IT and data, including business continuity management;
- Managing technology-enabled business transformation including business process optimisation;
- Coordinating the design and implementation of efficient measures (assessment of IT processes that includes Security Policies and procedures, Incident Management, Continuity and Service Availability, Change Management, User Access Management, Physical and environmental security, Business Continuity Management);
- Assessing the evaluation, definition and implementation of risk, governance and regulatory compliance initiatives for IT functions;
- Working with external audit, internal audit, IT departments and business functions to support the implementing and maintaining of reliable IT environments, systems and data;
- Being a promoter of commercial and sustainable development of the business by understanding EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Learning about EY, our clients and their businesses;
- Understanding the IT landscape of some of our biggest clients, including their adoption of cloud, use of Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation, and assure and advise on the associated risks;
- Ability to identify technological developments, risks and impacts on the client's business;
- Managing client relationships and expectations;
- Excellent project management skills and experience in managing engagement economics, including but not limited to budgeting, billing and fee management;
- High quality outcomes and deliverables underpinned by a keen attention to detail;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of business processes and complex information systems and apply knowledge to client situations;
- Use extensive knowledge of the client’s business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate the impacts on the client’s business;
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture and design innovative audit approaches;
- The ability to inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services;
- Getting involved with industry research and client thought leadership;
- Commercial acuity to develop existing opportunities in clients and identify and explore new ones;
- A risk focused and business mind-set;
- A strong work ethic;
- Forward thinker and self-starter;
- Creative, proactive, team player and able to work under pressure.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experience in managing and delivering client including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables engagements (5 to 7 years of professional experience, ideally);
- Hand on approach to build and maintain excellent relationships across a range of FS clients and other stakeholders;
- Experience within the FS industry consulting and a sound understanding of the FS technology landscape;
- Thorough understanding of Portugal and EMEIA FS regulatory environment;
- Relevant knowledge about Technological Risk, Information Security, IT Governance, Cybersecurity or similar matters;
- Ability to think out of the box and create multidisciplinary solutions;
- Full English Proficiency;
- Availability to work in Portugal and abroad.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience working on international projects;
- Ability to engage with diverse stakeholders and manage cross functional projects;
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience;
- A passion for providing organizations the trust and confidence that will enable them to adopt emerging technologies, manage IT risks and accelerate performance;
- An eagerness and track record in establishing and leading high-performance teams and supporting and coaching individual team members;
- Relevant industry certification such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, CGEIT, ITIL, ISO27001 or other specialized IT certifications.
What we look for
You’ll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specializing within the IT Risk Management field, so they’ll look to you to ask and answer the questions nobody else has asked yet and then develop and execute an effective service. Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to build a better working world by helping organizations to identify and manage their technology risks whilst simultaneously gaining skills to develop a career in professional services, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most experienced and engaging colleagues around;
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career;
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you;
- Defined career paths, investment in formal Learning & Development, career mobility opportunities, and a clear focus on fostering a diverse and inclusive culture.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, feedback is an essential part of what we do, and this will be forthcoming in order for you to maximize your potential and be part of a dynamic team.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Whether your profile is considered for this recruitment process, we will contact you within 15 working days.
Join us in building a better working world.