Associate Director - Business Development
Pacific Asset Management, LLC is a $15bn credit focused asset manager specializing in U.S. corporate, bank loan, high yield, and CLO strategies. The firm is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pacific Life Insurance Company and based in Newport Beach, CA.
We are looking for a client facing investment professional to join our business development team. The Associate Director, Business Development, is an integral part of Pacific Asset Management’s institutional business development team. The individual’s responsibilities encompass account management, product management, and sales. The role is dynamic and is involved in all the client facing aspects of Pacific Asset Management’s institutional business. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated proficiency in U.S. fixed income and the ability to compose written market and product commentaries. While the preference is for this individual to be based in Newport Beach, candidates working remotely may be considered.
- Maintain marketing materials and presentations, populate and maintain various consultant and industry databases, monthly and quarterly client reporting, RFP’s and questionnaires, along with ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Produce written monthly and quarterly portfolio commentaries, attribution analysis, market, and economic updates.
- Serve as a part of the account management team servicing institutional clients and providing the highest level of service.
- Supporting the business development process by working with senior team members in prospecting, sourcing, and identifying new business opportunities.
- Improve the standardization of many workflows and tasks by implementing technology applications and automation.
Factors for success
- Experience in U.S. equity or capital markets, in particular credit related fixed income preferred.
- A passion and interest in U.S. financial markets and economics
- 4-8 years work experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree required with pursuit of MBA or CFA preferred
- Have a strong attention to detail and sense of ownership of responsibilities assigned
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Be adaptable, willing to pitch in where needed and open to an evolving responsibility set as business needs change
- Deals well with changing deadlines and priorities
- Be a natural problem solver who can independently identify and recommend improvements to enhance productivity, automation, and efficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Indesign preferred
- Experience in Salesforce, Hubspot, Factset, Bloomberg, Microsoft Power BI, and Tableau a plus
- FINRA registration with Series 7 preferred
More searches like this
- Institutional Sales Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Marketing and Public Relations Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors