Portfolio Construction Analyst
The investment team is charged with developing asset allocation advice and model portfolios for use with high net worth families and institutions. The team also selects and oversees the outside managers used to fulfill specific mandates on our platform. Diversified Trust utilizes a number of proprietary commingled vehicles to invest client assets with outside managers, with the team functioning as a manager of managers for substantial pools of capital that are similar in size to some of the largest institutional investors.
This position is responsible for working with asset class leaders (fixed income, equities, private investments and hedge funds) on portfolio construction and risk management. This person will also be charged with maintaining the asset allocation models for the firm.
Responsibilities of the Investment Department include overall asset allocation recommendations, investment strategy research and implementation, ongoing due diligence of existing strategies and investment managers, researching new strategies for investment platform inclusion, and communicating investment strategies and performance within the firm as well as externally to clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the portfolio analytics and risk management process for the investment team
- Analyze macroeconomic market trends and investment strategy opportunities
- Create and maintain quantitative models in Excel, Python, or other statistical analysis packages
- Participate in investment manager meetings and investment team strategy sessions
- Handle and respond to inquiries from client service team members
- Perform due diligence on current and prospective investment managers
- Some travel to visit managers or other company locations
Skills/Competencies necessary for this job include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or equivalent education and related training; advanced degree in finance, engineering or mathematics preferred
- CFA designation required or in progress
- 7+ years of investment advisory, asset management or comparable experience preferred
- Experience with investment manager due diligence and portfolio construction
- Experience with financial/investment technology platforms; proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Experience with FactSet or MPI Stylus preferred; Python a plus
- Strong analytical abilities and linear thought orientation; excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong work ethic with a motivated and driven ownership mentality
- High attention to detail and comfortable with large amounts of data
- The ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks within deadlines
- Ethical practitioner with the ability to exercise sound judgment and effectively manage risk
- Ability to develop trust and build internal and external relationships in a team environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Adaptable in a rapidly changing environment
If you are looking to join a great company and this job seems like a good fit, please email your resume to HR-Atlanta@diversifiedtrust.com.