Client Relationship Manager, Financial Institutions Group
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
The Chatham Financial Institutions Sector is growing, and in turn, expanding its client relationship function. Given the growth, the team is looking to add a Client Relationship Manager (CRM) who would interact with all key stakeholders (C suite, Treasurer and treasury groups, capital markets, operations and accounting groups) at our clients in order to implement, educate and optimize the hedging services Chatham offers the financial institutions market. This role is dynamic and requires the individual to develop a deep understanding of the financial markets, the financial institution clients they serve, and how Chatham’s services meets the needs of our clients.
In this role you will:
- Understand the full extent of Chatham’s service offerings/capabilities and how they apply to Financial Institution clients.
- Lead the overall client relationship, staying informed about all current events at the client or impacting the client.
- Serve as the main advisor/consultant on the products that the client engages Chatham for while leveraging the deep expertise of the greater team and Chatham.
- Plan, coordinate and lead client meetings.
- Develop relationships with all key stakeholders and senior executives (CEO, CFO, CLO and Treasurer).
- Effectively convey Chatham’s value proposition across all lines of service.
- Coordinate internally with Chatham team members serving each of our clients.
- Develop and execute client implementation and retention programs to optimize the partnership between client and Chatham.
- Look to expand the breadth and depth of the services and products that Chatham can provide to the client.
- Track and maintain relationship activities within Salesforce.
- Support marketing campaigns, conferences and events with pre-event outreach to clients, and post-event follow-up.
- Provide market (from clients and other) feedback to include trends, opportunities, product enhancements and client needs across our offerings.
In serving as a Financial Institutions Group CRM, you will have direct impact to how our financial institution clients implement, execute, grow and maintain their interest rate hedging programs. This allows our clients to better achieve their goals as well as allowing them to better serve their local communities and customers. This role has impacts on your colleagues and in turn your colleagues will impact you. You will work on a highly collaborative team where the overall success of the team is reliant on how you work with and invest into others.
Contributors to your success:
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with interest rate derivatives, commercial banking, asset liability management, the bank treasury function and the loan origination process.
- An understanding of how the process of executing a swap/hedge works in conjunction with closing a loan.
- A working knowledge of the loan origination process and ISDA especially how derivatives are used in conjunction with the lending process.
- A strong understanding of commercial banking with knowledge of both lending and treasury functions.
- Skills in organization, initiative, attention to detail, consistent accuracy, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to make abstruse concepts easy to understand.
- Strong desire to learn about our clients and how we serve each of them.
- Ability to multi-task and balance the needs of multiple clients on a daily basis.
- Detail orientation and commitment to improving internal processes for the benefit of the team.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple demands, manage time efficiently and deliver a high level of service to Chatham’s clients.
- Strong desire to provide exceptional service in any task.
- A passion for the community banking space and a desire to serve the needs of community banks.
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Salesforce.
- Minimum 3 years of business experience or graduate level experience in finance, business, or economics preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with derivatives and financial risk management.
- Ability and willingness to travel. This role will require roughly 1-2 days / week of travel visiting clients and/or attending conferences, and this travel could be inconsistent, with some months involving more travel than others.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.