Director, Business Development
Letko, Brosseau & Associates Inc.
Director, Business Development
Letko, Brosseau & Associates is an investment manager with offices in Montreal, Toronto and Calgary. Founded in 1987, the firm has enjoyed strong growth as a result of excellent investment performance, attentive client service and high standards of business ethics.
We are looking for a Director, Business Development to establish our presence in Vancouver. The Director, Business Development will prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
In collaboration with the Business Development Analyst, you will plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with LBA. In collaboration with the Directors, Investment Services, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to drive ongoing business growth from existing clients through extension of services and referrals. The Director, Business Development will work closely with the team to identify new client segments, territories and services.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the clients’ organizations;
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities;
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network;
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators;
- Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives;
- Collaborate with the Directors, Investment Services to enhance and extend existing relationships and develop referrals;
- Coordinate with the Directors, Investment Services to ensure a smooth start-up and hand off new clients;
- • Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales;
- Participate actively in the Business Development Committee;
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development in insurance, banking or financial industry;
- CFA charterholder.
The ideal candidate:
- Professional presence and excellent networking skills;
- Self-motivated individual with a high energy level and a progressive business attitude;
- Outstanding relationship builder, you build trust through respect and authenticity;
- Excellent interpersonal and strong presentation skills;
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
Salary and Benefits:
- Very attractive and competitive base salary, plus annual bonus;
- Generous medical, dental and life insurance as well as long-term disability insurance plans as of day one;
- Employer contribution to a deferred profit-sharing plan (DPSP);
Our mission is to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.