Fixed Income Analyst
As a Fixed Income Analyst, you will occupy a key role on our Investment Team, focusing primarily on the research and trading of municipal bonds. You will apply portfolio analysis in the construction of fixed income portfolios, primarily for high net worth clients. As a member of the firm’s investment committee, you will be expected to make contributions across asset classes. Additionally, you may also be assisting in the generation of new business.
Why work with us?
- Maple Capital is a fast-growing Registered Investment Advisor that offers a career in investment management in a desirable area of Vermont.
- You will work with a team of enthusiastic, hard-working, and service-oriented people who are dedicated to continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Fixed Income Assistant Portfolio Manager will be responsible for a wide variety of credit analysis, trading, and some portfolio management duties. Familiarity with Bloomberg, Orion, and Moxy order management system is helpful. Ability to problem-solve and work proactively to rectify trade problems also helpful.
Our next Fixed Income Analyst is/has:
- A team player with a great sense of humor
- A proclivity to serve clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable interacting with colleagues and clients
- A willingness to work within the existing investment process
- Resourceful, highly efficient, and well-organized
- Strong credit background
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- A CFA designation (preferred)
In this position you are probably NOT someone who:
- Prefers work to flow to you smoothly
- Struggles working with different systems and/or technologies
- Is uncomfortable sharing mistakes
What’s in it for you?
- Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards
- Competitive salary will be based on experience
- Benefits include health insurance and 401(k)
- Some ability to work from home occasionally, but position will be expected to work in Montpelier most of the time
If interested in the position, please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Maple Capital Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Finance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- CFA Charterholder (Preferred)