Senior Investment Research Analyst
Consumer/Retail Sector Analyst
A leading New York City based private investment management firm with $9+ billion in long only and hedge fund assets under management is seeking at senior level research analyst with ten years minimum work experience focused on the consumer and retail sectors. This dynamic research role will support the firm’s investments in these sectors across domestic and international markets.
- Lead research analyst for all consumer/retail (including e-commerce platforms and travel related companies)
- Source, evaluate and monitor investment opportunities across multiple industry groups for the firm’s event-driven and long only strategies.
- Build and maintain financial models, valuation analyses and publish internal research reports
- Work and interact closely with several portfolio management teams and traders
CANDIDATE SKILLS/ BACKGROUND
- 10+ years of financial industry experience
- Consumer /Retail industry background
- Buy-side work experience preferred
- Multi-investment product familiarity (equity, high yield, convertibles) helpful
- Highly self motivated, demonstrate strong qualitative, quantitative and communications skills
- Strong investment record and passion for the investment process.
- Education: MBA and/or CFA equivalent required
Please send cover letter, resume and list of industry/company coverage to firstname.lastname@example.org