VP Insurance Investment Strategist
VP Insurance Investment Strategist
Join our team as an Insurance Strategist and provide exceptional client experiences by identifying opportunities to advance their objectives.
Macquarie’s insurance strategy team partners with insurance companies across capabilities and regions to address their investment challenges. Globally we manage over $100 billion on behalf of insurance companies and are actively engaging the market to cultivate new clients. By joining the team, you will be an integral player in developing the client segment and requires a committed work ethic and entrepreneurial drive.
You will be a key member of the Insurance Solutions team, which is part of Macquarie’s Client Solutions Group, and will engage closely with the firm’s insurance clients to identify opportunities to advance their objectives with thorough consideration of their operating environment. You will assist in providing value added insurance strategy services in support of clients and the sales effort. In partnering with our insurance clients, we provide a range of services such as industry & peer analysis, regulatory/required capital analysis, strategic asset allocation (SAA) and other ALM analysis, benchmark construction, risk budgeting and thought leadership.
The role will be a resource for clients, and you should possess industry insights with the ability to partner with teammates across Macquarie, including the investment teams, to credibly interface with senior decision makers at potential clients.
A firm understanding of the underlying regulatory, accounting, or actuarial issues that drive investment management decision making will be important for success as will the ability to understand the optimal asset strategies to achieve client objectives.
Your primary role responsibilities will include:
- providing insights into market and regulatory events occurring in the insurance marketplace and their potential impact on client portfolios
- assuming ownership and responsibility for a variety of processes and models (e.g. asset allocation and peer models) supporting the insurance asset management business. This includes:
- being able to critically review, develop and implement improvements and changes to existing efforts
- designing, building and implementing investment models as needed to support and inform the strategic investment decision process
- maintaining knowledge of investment strategies covered and assist in presenting firm capabilities with gravitas and poise to executive decision makers at current and prospective clients, to the print media and at industry conferences as required.
You will need to bring to this role:
- a diverse set of skills including a strong insurance and capital markets background
- minimum 10 years of experience in an insurance company or financial services setting
- BA / BS required
- CFA / MBA is preferred
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) or Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) a plus
- strong analytical and quantitative skills, including database management and optimization techniques
- strong background in fixed income and capital markets, with experience in private markets a plus
- familiarity with SNL/S&P Market Intelligence, Bloomberg and Aladdin a plus.
Other requirements include:
- excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation capabilities
- strong computer skills, superior ability to design and build efficient financial models
- ability to work in both a team and an autonomous environment
- ability to understand instructions and unfamiliar concepts quickly, work independently, take ownership of responsibilities and deliver results
- strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple demands and changing priorities
- ability to handle pressure and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
More about Macquarie Investment Management
Macquarie Investment Management is a global asset manager with offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and Australia. As active managers, we prioritize autonomy and accountability at the team level in pursuit of opportunities that matter for clients. Our conviction-based, long-term approach has led institutional and individual clients to entrust us to manage $US251.3 billion in assets of September 30, 2020. In the US, retail investors recognize our Delaware FundsSM by Macquarie as one of the longest- standing mutual fund families, with more than 75 years in existence. Macquarie Investment Management is a division of Macquarie Asset Management, a global asset manager with $US397.4 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2020.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.
Interested candidates can apply here: https://www.careers.macquarie.com/cw/en/job/955582/insurance-strategist