Equity Research Associate, Industrials
EQUITY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE – INDUSTRIALS
Job Posting # 20-204
Raymond James Ltd. is seeking an Equity Research Associate to work in our Vancouver office.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealer offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
Raymond James Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of U.S.-based Raymond James Financial Inc. (RJF-NYSE), and is a prominent, independent, full-service investment dealer in Canada. The Equity Capital Markets division of the firm in Canada has a solid commitment to investment research, investment banking, and institutional sales and trading. The equity research team in Canada consists of 18 analysts covering approximately 250 companies.
Associates play a critical role assisting in all tasks required for the Equity Research Analyst to stay abreast of market events with the end-goal of providing sound investment judgement on particular stocks to clients. Individuals in this role are continuously learning and developing the skills required for investment analysis and securities evaluation in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment. We are looking for an exceptional candidate who is an excellent communicator; exemplary writing skills are a must
- Working with the industrials team in conducting thorough analysis of the industry and targeted companies; and
- Involvement in conducting due diligence including interfacing with corporate executives, conducting site visits, analyzing industry and company data, developing and maintaining financial models, writing research, and verbal presentations to equity sales/trading personnel and institutional clients.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- An undergraduate/postgraduate degree, preferably in Business, Economics or Engineering;
- Completion of or a willingness to work towards acquiring the CFA designation;
- A strong understanding of accounting and financial analysis principles, and excellent modeling skills;
- Strong technical skills: high competence in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Highly effective and creative written and verbal communication skills;
- A demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new concepts; strict attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and the flexibility to work long hours when necessary to meet time-sensitive deadlines; and
- Outgoing personality that will fit into a high‐performing, team‐oriented environment.
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation, performance-based bonus, and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # 20-204 by January 15, 2021 to:
Raymond James Ltd.,
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.