The Performance Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and reporting of the Performance Analytics team for Guardian Capital LP clients and performance composites.
Performance Analysis (70%)
- Ensuring that performance calculations are carried out on a proper and consistent basis;
- Ensuring that performance results are received in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with CFA Standards;
- Reviewing final returns against benchmarks and preliminary returns to isolate anomalies;
- Calculating attribution analysis in accordance with CFA Standards;
- Preparing all Composites for marketing purposes as well as the annual GIPS audit; and
- Preparing Assets Under Management Reports.
Report Preparation (20%)
- Meeting the evolving needs of internal users and providing access to both hard copy and electronic data;
- Having the ability to work with internal clients and IT services to help prioritize requirements; and
- Updating policies and procedures to ensure that adequate documentation exists.
Administration and Database Management (10%)
- Setting up new client accounts on the performance system, including ongoing maintenance; and
- Maintaining index databases, files, assets under management and composite data (funds/client accounts/ corporate, etc.).
- University degree with emphasis on math or finance
- CSC and CFA level 1, would be an asset
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Experience with the SS&C’s Pacer and Sylvan Performance Measurement System would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products, especially Excel
- A strong aptitude for numbers
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment
Commensurate with experience
Guardian Capital is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Guardian Capital will endeavour to provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.