Senior Fixed Income Analyst - Bank Portfolio
Northern Trust is hiring a Senior Fixed Income Research Analyst-Bank Portfolio for our Treasury group. Responsibilities include:
• Take an active role in learning all the structured products investments in the bank portfolio. The primary emphasis will be on Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO) sector. In addition, the role will require risk analysis on Asset Backed Securities (ABS), Commercial Mortgage Backed (CMBS), Residential Mortgages (RMBS), and Leveraged Loans.
• Portfolio Monitoring; Review assets to measure the actual versus expected performance at both the security and portfolio levels.
• Participate and contribute updates and ideas in weekly Treasury team meetings.
• Maintain deep knowledge of financial markets, quantitative drivers, and general investment themes.
• Establishes communication links with outside rating agencies, broker/dealer community, external industry experts and counterparts.
• Perform deep-dive research projects on potential new sectors for investment or on specific credit idea and present results to the Treasury team.
• Work with technology and portfolio managers to increase automation, improve quality of data, and create new valuation tools.
• Proactively improve and refine investment portfolio analytics and management processes.
• Outstanding academic and professional achievements
• Curious with a strong willingness to learn
• Solid analytical, mathematical, quantitative skills
• Microsoft Office / Suite proficient, Bloomberg, Aladdin,
• Computer programming skills with such languages as R, SQL, Python, Visual Basic, or similar programming language
• Ability to efficiently manage several projects and tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Ability to perform at a high level in a team environment
• Ability to conduct research, compile data, and present results in an articulate manner
• Dashboarding/display/communication capability via Tableau, Cognos, and/or Power BI