Senior Associate, Private Equity
Senior Associate, Private Equity
At Nicola Wealth, our clients deserve the best. The same goes for our people. We invest in our employees in order to support our business through a period of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, high caliber colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a truly dynamic work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact. We are passionate about our business and our culture, and are looking to attract, retain and develop individuals who have that same drive.
We want to put your mind at ease while looking for a new opportunity during a pandemic. Read in the posting about how we're supporting our people during COVID-19 and how we've transitioned to working remotely.
We are seeking a Senior Associate, Private Equity that is highly motivated with a commitment to excellence and extensive financial analysis and due diligence experience in Private Equity and Infrastructure to join our growing Private Assets team.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, you will play a key role in investing and managing the Nicola PE LP and Nicola Infrastructure Real Return funds to generate strong returns for Nicola Wealth Clients.
You will primarily source, screen, and recommend new opportunities as well as managing existing investments.
There is potential for the opportunity to collaborate on new investments made by our Private Debt and Mortgage Funds.
As a Senior Associate, Private Equity, your key accountabilities will include:
- Source, screen, evaluate, and recommend new PE and Infrastructure opportunities – primarily co-investment opportunities as well as funds.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with existing and potential sponsors and placement agents, as well as market participants including bankers and accountants –be persistent in order to maximize investment opportunity deal flow.
- Performing in-depth research and due diligence on companies and the opportunities.
- Analyze investment, including industry, SWOT and financial modeling analysis.
- Prepare Investment Memos and present investment recommendations to Investment Committee.
- Assist in portfolio management functions including investment monitoring and returns attribution analysis, preparing reporting and marketing material, fund-level cashflow projections, and risk-exposure analysis. This would include collaborating with internal groups including Advisors, Fund Administration, and Marketing.
- You have an innate ability to identify and communicate an investment thesis and risks.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You have a professional demeanor with the ability to build trust with our people and partners.
- You have the ability to quickly identify good businesses and attractive investment opportunities.
- You are collaborative and team focused, with the ability to function in a team.
- You are flexible and open to learning new investment strategies and approaches.
- You are Resourceful.
- You are calm and collaborative under pressure.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Required a minimum 8+ years experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, or Infrastructure.
- Proven fundamental investment analysis including industry, SWOT and financial modeling analysis skills.
- Knowledge of what drives a successful bid that turns into a successful investment.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in business, accounting or finance.
- Financial Industry designation considered an asset (CFA, CA, CPA, MBA or CBV)
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer.
Supporting our people during COVID-19
- We provide you with equipment to work from home.
- We offer remotely enabled leadership programs for our people leaders.
- We offer a “Nicola Health” resources site to support for mental, physical and emotional health.
- We offer virtual on boarding through Dayforce:
- Executive Welcome message from the Senior Leadership Team
- Videos on culture
- Meet your team, which includes photos and bios of your team
- Introduce you to your peer mentor/buddy with photos
- Workforce handbook and new hire forms reviewed and sign from the comfort of your home
- Regular calls with a member of the people and culture team to support you
Application closing date is January 15, 2020.
Include a Cover Letter and Resume in your application. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer.