Carbon Financial Analyst
Want to use your financial analytical and valuation skills to be part of a system changing shift in the solution to climate change…?
HELP US TRANSFORM FINANCIAL MARKETS TO INCLUDE CARBON EMISSIONS
At Emmi we are on a mission to help every investor understand the immense risks and opportunities emerging in global markets as the world transitions towards a low carbon economy. Emmi measures how much stronger a company’s financial position needs be in order to offset its carbon risk.
Finance is undergoing a huge low carbon shift but don’t take our word for it, here’s what Larry Fink, CEO of Blackrock, the world’s largest asset manager said earlier this year:
“Climate change is on the edge of fundamentally reshaping finance… In the near future – and sooner than most
anticipate – there will be a significant reallocation of capital.”
Emmi is accelerating this transformation by re-evaluating a company’s financial position to assess their financial strength relative to the amount of carbon emitted.
This empowers all investors to easily understand complicated financial data and climate science scenarios so they can make more complete financial decisions. Since we use the latest climate science, Emmi is fundamentally on the leading edge of accelerating the world’s financial transition needed to avoid the worst case scenarios of climate change.
• You can be one of the first employees at a young rapidly expanding climate-finance startup.
• Play a critical part in the first stages of growth, working with a small, passionate team with deep experience
in finance, data science and climate change.
• Flexible conditions and remote friendly.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Analyst with a keen interest/experience in climate change
and the valuation of carbon risks. The Financial Analyst role is likely to be a very fluid role that will
evolve with the business. There is the opportunity to grow with the company and enjoy a career trajectory that tracks the success of the business.
The Emmi Score is built around a unique carbon risk algorithm that combines corporate data with carbon emissions across 12 different financial metrics. The end product is a powerful carbon financial data ecosystem that allows users to explore, model and investigate companies via a web-based platform.
The Financial Analyst role will be focused around the core Emmi Score processes. Reporting to the CEO, you will:
1. Be responsible for the maintenance, evolution and running of the underlying financial model
and algorithm that runs the Emmi Score
2. Manage the Emmi data ecosystem to allow data analysis and modelling tools to be quickly deployed
3. Work with the Head of Product and the Climate Data Scientist to integrate Climate and Carbon data into the algorithm
4. Partner with our development team to build automation tools for product deployment from the underlying algorithms
• You have proven strong technical financial analysis/valuation skills and experience
• You are proficient in complex financial modelling projects and scenarios (including excel)
• You have an understanding and a willingness to learn and contribute to all there is to know about Climate Change, Carbon Emissions and their impacts on the financial value chain
• CFA chaterholder an advantage
• Passionate about helping to address climate change
• Dynamic and flexible to thrive in a rapidly growing startup
• You have an inquisitive mind and will ask questions to challenge the norm
• Results driven, motivated self starter that is not afraid about problem solving and getting things done with
• Hands-on, detailed focused work ethics
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in an innovative team setting or remotely
• Ability to have fun
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors