Role: The Analyst will support CDPQ Latin American Infrastructure team ongoing efforts towards its business objectives by helping with post-investment management of CDPQ’s assets in Latin America (primary role) and advising on transaction execution based on the required risk and return (secondary role) . The Analyst will also assist CDPQ in various research and strategic initiatives.
- Proactively monitor financial and operational indicators, as well as financial reports of portfolio companies.
- Contribute to the portfolio’s value added by publishing recommendations on key industry trends and strategic issues of portfolio companies.
- Prepare internal and external reports on portfolio companies.
- Conduct extensive research on trends and fundamentals of a covered sector: proactively follow market news and collect information from relevant sources.
- Produce a detailed analysis of the infrastructure sector’s key challenges and recommend strategies to implement.
- Contributed to developing business and strategic plans.
- Active participation in analyzing investment proposals.
- Develop and review detailed financial models and highlight the key points of the investment thesis, including performing sensitivity analyses, review of financial projections and valuation assumptions.
- Provide advice on evaluating potential investments using the appropriate methodology (discounted cash flow, multiples, etc.).
- Conduct a detailed due diligence of investment opportunities.
- Lead the drafting of authorization documents for new investment opportunities.
- Assist main collaborators with negotiating trade agreements and shareholding structures.
- Produce sectoral studies on potential target markets to develop.
- Develop effective tools for research and market surveillance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, economics or accounting
- Master’s in financing, MBA or CFA would be considered an asset
- At least one (1) year of experience in investing, corporate finance, finance or investment banking, in the infrastructure and project finance industries
- Solid experience in financial analysis and modelling
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office and financial markets tools (Bloomberg, Capital IQ, etc.);
- Excellent command of written and spoken Spanish and English. French would be considered an asset.
- Extremely rigorous
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Commitment, enthusiasm, proactive and strong organizational skills
- Good team player and seeks the best solutions for the organization
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Strong ability to manage stress and priorities
- Effective communication
- Humility and diplomacy
- Sense of initiative
- Adaptability to change