Would you consider a move into Operational Due Diligence?
- To analyse, review, and monitor alternative fund operational processes and risks. Analysis is delivered through written research reports.
- To contribute to the development of the businesses operational due diligence services as well as future new initiatives.
- Evaluate assigned alternative investment fund managers. Focus will include an analysis of operational risk and internal controls, examine documentation, review of staff and structure, and inspect technology systems.
- Ongoing monitoring of assigned funds (within assigned strategy) and updating reports to reflect changes to the operations for those funds.
- Prepare clear, accurate, concise reports and recommendations to the investment team.
- Develop and implement company "best practices" with respect to operational due diligence.
- Staying current on industry standards and helping to facilitate knowledge transfer within the ODD team and company.
- Participate in project work to support the due diligence process and broader company initiatives.
- Report potential conflicts to compliance and work with compliance to ensure that conflict disclosures appear on research reports.
- Relevant prior work experience, with knowledge or experience of hedge fund operations, fund administration, audit, legal or compliance
- Strong written communication skills with attention to detail
- Possession of or advanced progression towards relevant professional qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA or CAIA)
- Be a proactive self-starter, proficient time management, and a multi-tasker
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills.