Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Closing Date: December 6, 2020
The Treasury Analyst will provide support for both Teck’s Corporate Finance/Financial Risk function and its Pension Reporting/Analysis function. The Analyst will report to the Director, Corporate Finance & Financial Risk, but will also take day to day direction from the Manager, Pension Investment and the Manager, Financial Planning and Risk. The Treasury Analyst will provide analytical support for Teck’s $2.6 billion of credit facilities, debt and equity transactions, and hedging/risk management activities related to FX, interest rates and commodities. The Treasury Analyst will also provide support regarding rebalancing of Teck’s $3.5 billion of pension investment portfolios, investment manager performance benchmarking, and various internal and external financial reporting activities.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Track movements in commodity prices, interest rates, and exchange rates for risk management purposes
- Perform stochastic modelling analysis of financial risks
- Monthly reconciliation of bilateral credit facilities
- Produce and/or maintain financial models to track pension plan assets and liabilities
- Track pension plan asset allocations and implement rebalancing trades when necessary
- Perform on-going due diligence of investment managers, peers, and prospective asset classes or mandates including equities, fixed income, real estate and infrastructure
- Assist in analysis, preparation and distribution of materials for various reporting activities
- 3-5 years experience in providing financial analysis
- Strong financial analytical, presentation and writing skills
- Must have Microsoft Excel modelling capability
- Demonstrated ability to develop and work with complex financial models
- Completed or in progress of completing CFA or other professional designation considered an asset
- Knowledge of financial instruments, global capital markets and investment asset classes will be an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.