Senior Investment Analyst
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) is the investment organization managing the assets of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and other funds. With more than $200 billion in total assets under management, the SBA is one of the largest institutional investors in the world. A key responsibility is the management of the FRS Pension Plan, the 5th largest public pension fund in the U.S. Year after year, the SBA is able to accomplish sound, long term investment returns above benchmark, while always keeping our beneficiaries’ interests at the forefront of our actions.
At the SBA we recognize that our talented colleagues drive our sophisticated investment strategies, prudently balance risk and reward, and generate above-benchmark returns while adhering to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. It is vital to maintain the trust of the employees and beneficiaries of the funds we oversee. The SBA is committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing to our knowledge pool while adhering to the ethics and integrity that underscore our investment strategies and management.
What we need
The SBA is currently seeking a Senior Investment Analyst in the Investment Policy & Asset Allocation unit. The Senior Investment Analyst is responsible for maintaining and developing analytical tools and reports to evaluate the risk and return of all major SBA mandates. The position develops performance analytics and reports, provides analytics that inform executive staff, SIOs and portfolio managers, and contributes to the SBA’s investment research agenda. This position reports to the Manager of Asset Allocation and Investment Analytics.
What you’ll do
- Supports the development, production, and maintenance of performance and risk analytics platforms and reporting for total fund/mandate, asset classes and individual portfolios.
- Monitors and analyzes total fund/mandate, asset class and portfolio level performance and risk analytics.
- Develops proficiency with investment analytics systems
- Conducts independent research and supports Investment Policy and Asset Allocation’s research initiatives
- Reviews internal and external performance and risk analytics report
- Staffs the Florida Retirement System and Lawton Chiles Endowment Fund Asset Allocation Stance Models (Daily Update Process) and daily major mandate report, and tracks and reconciles liquidity assessments
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you should have
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance, business, accounting, computer science, management information systems, or a related field and two years of related experience. Or any combination of education and/or experience equal to the minimum requirements.
- Experience with Visual Basic, SQL, or R
- Knowledge of financial concepts/theories and statistics
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advances computer literacy with emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word
- Computer programming skills with such languages as R, SQL, Python, Visual Basic, or similar programming language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to efficiently manage several projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to perform at a high level in a team environment
- Ability to conduct research, compile data, and present results in an articulate manner