Investment Analytics Analyst
The LGIMA Investment Analytics team is responsible for providing market-leading analytics for the firm’s suite of investment solutions. This mandate encompasses areas such as performance, attribution, risk analytics and benchmark construction for the benefit of our clients and internal portfolio management teams, in addition to building tools to support analysis. The team partners with Client Solutions, Portfolio Management, Marketing, Operations, Data Management and IT to deliver on our goals. Our focus on scalability, quality and sophistication of analytics is essential to supporting LGIMA’s objective of providing a superior client experience.
This role will be responsible for the delivery of performance and portfolio analytics that serves our internal and external clients across LGIMA’s credit, index, LDI and multi-asset investment strategies. This role will also involve working with 3rd party analytics platforms and enhancing the processes in place around these systems. As the individual grows into the role, more emphasis will be placed on building processes and tools to enhance scalability, allowing for increased contribution in a project-based and proactive analysis capacity.
- Own the production process for performance, attribution and portfolio analytics reporting.
- Fulfill portfolio analytics and data requests from internal teams, including Client Solutions, Marketing and Portfolio Management.
- Analyze and interpret portfolio risk characteristics and attribution factors to communicate the investment process and execution. Manage the GIPS reporting and documentation process.
- Develop subject matter expertise in clients, client strategies and operational aspects of the firm in order to lead related projects.
- Partner with Operations, IT and Data Management to enhance analytics system accuracy, capabilities and scalability.
- Over time, identify opportunities to enhance scalability through automated processes.
- Create custom portfolio analytics views in partnership with Client Solutions, Portfolio Managers and Marketing for client meetings and internal analysis.
- Maintain and improve process documentation.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field, such as Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering is desired.
- Progress towards or an interest to pursue an advanced degree and/or CFA is a plus.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills along with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- 1-3 years of related performance measurement, attribution and/or risk analysis experience
- Solid understanding of capital markets and the investment management business
- Knowledge of fixed income and derivatives (options, swaps, futures, etc.)
- Intuitive and intellectually curious; ability to identify themes within data sets
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills; ability to multi-task and to manage complex assignments
- Self-confidence; ability to function as both a self-starter and a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of LGIMA management as well as colleagues in global offices
- Highly proactive and energetic focus toward internal and external client service; ability to consistently meet all internal/external deadlines
- Strong individual initiative with the ability to take a proactive approach to assigned projects or team goals.
- Flexibility; ability to adapt to growth and change
- Basic coding skillset (advanced Excel/VBA, SQL, etc.) or desire to learn.
- Experience with market data and portfolio analytics tools, such as Bloomberg, FactSet, etc. desired.
As an EOE employer, Legal & General Investment Management America will extend equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, and/or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.