Financial Analyst I / Financial Analyst II / Senior Financial Analyst
Ignite your career with New Mexico Gas Company!
By joining the NMGC family, you can count on a safety-focused work environment, competitive pay and benefits and opportunities for training and personalized development to ignite your career. We embrace diversity and the inclusion of all; our differences, unique perspectives and talents are our strengths and integral to the success of our company.
New Mexico Gas Company is a member of the Emera family of energy companies which also includes Tampa Electric and TECO Peoples Gas.
This position will be open to internal and external applicants and will close Wednesday December 2, 2020.
Under general supervision, perform financial analysis and modeling in support of business projections, budget forecast, capital investment evaluation, and other corporate initiatives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs calculations and studies, prepares charts, graphs, tables, spreadsheets and other analysis and presentation material in support of business transactions, forecasts, budgets, and analysis
2. Supports the department in analyzing, documenting, and updating the overall integrity and assumptions within the financial model used for corporate strategic and financial planning. Review, update, and maintain the model’s integrity as needed to reflect the changes in the corporate structure, accounting and tax impacts and technology changes, to run alternative financial scenarios, as necessary.
3. Researches, compiles, interprets, and presents competitive information and strategic summaries. Maintains a current understanding of the competitive, strategic, and financial direction to include, financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting theory, and/or customer financial regulations.
4. Supports and coordinates with all business units to create and/or maintain financial models using appropriate data. Gathers, analyzes, and prepares recommendations regarding financial planning, trending future operational requirements, government requirements, and other business-related forecasts to assist the departments operational decisions.
5. Participates and provides support in the evaluation and development of alternatives, financial analysis, and recommendations regarding business opportunities and asset utilization or deployment.
6. Provides support and review of regulatory filing and data submittals for consistency, accuracy, and reasonableness of results.
7. Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual budget/forecasting/actual variance analysis reports. Analyzes results and prepare analysis summary and monthly variance explanations.
8. Duties increase and become more complex with progression.
Key Internal: Regular contact and communication with all levels of management and team members. Frequent contact with departments across the organization and affiliate companies.
Key External: May work with the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission (NMPRC), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), attorneys, and auditors.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related discipline
Preferred: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related discipline
Required: Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet the acceptable driving record requirements of the Company
Preferred: Completion or progress toward the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Financial Analyst I Required: Zero (0) to three (3) years of direct work experience performing the Duties & Responsibilities of this or similar position.
Financial Analyst II Required: Three (3) years of direct work experience performing the Duties & Responsibilities of this or similar position.
Senior Financial Analyst Required: Five (5) years of direct work experience performing the Duties & Responsibilities of this or similar position.
Required: Fundamental understanding of financial analysis and/or modeling, or accounting, and investor and shareholder value. Ability to be highly self-motivated. Ability to collect, research, and synthesize complex or diverse information. Ability to identify, resolve and handle complex problems or assignments in a timely manner. Ability to exercise sound judgment to achieve desired performance, minimize costs, and meet schedules. Proficient use of Microsoft Office®, with an emphasis in Excel. Ability to build and maintain complex financial models. Ability to develop forecasts and dealing with large data sets. Experience performing financial analyses and developing recommendations. Working knowledge of valuation methods and the finance, tax and accounting issues that impact financial analysis. Good understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) financial statements. Strong interpersonal and coordinating skills to move across and among various functional areas of the company, as well as deal with senior management and outsiders. High level of initiative and the ability to work well within a team. Able to recognize and handle confidential information in a discreet manner. Ability to develop presentations based on research and analysis.
Speaks up on Safety, Health, and the Environment
Takes Ownership and Acts with Integrity
Drives Operational Excellence for Customers
Builds Strong Collaborative Relationships
Develops People and Teams
Cultivates Innovation and Embraces Change
Thinks Strategically and Exercises Sound Judgment
Normal office environment. May be required to work overtime and weekends depending on business need.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to lift to 10 lbs.
New Mexico Gas Company (NMGC) offers a competitive Benefits package!!
Competitive Salary *401k Savings plan w/ company matching * Pension plan * Paid time off* Paid Holiday time * Medical, Prescription Drug, & Dental Coverage *Tuition Assistance Program * Employee Assistance Program * Wellness Programs and more!
NMGC and its companies serve a role in providing critical services to our community during an emergency. Team members are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our NMGC customers. Team members are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company's rules and procedures.
New Mexico Gas Company, Inc. (NMGC) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NMGC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement and the individual is unable to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodations.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals, employment decisions at NMGC will be based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and abilities.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
It is the policy of NMGC to provide reasonable accommodation for all qualified disabled individuals who are employees and applicants for employment, unless it would cause undue hardship. The corporation will adhere to applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including, but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1970s.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation in the application process five business days prior to the time accommodation is needed.
Employment for this position will be contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment requirements, which include a background screen and drug test. Also, pre-employment physical exams may be required for positions with bona fide job-related physical requirements regardless of disability.