Market Manager, Private Bank Wealth Advisory
The Market Manager is responsible for leading efforts to acquire, grow and service banking, credit and wealth advisory relationships with individuals who are strategic to Silicon Valley Bank. This role is both an individual contributor and team lead for the Venture and Private Equity practice group in NorCal market.
- Organizes team to provide holistic advice across personal balance sheet; effectively delivers core banking, credit and wealth solutions across client segments. Has excellent track record of relationship building; establishes strong, meaningful relationship to differentiate SVB in the market. Particularly effective at developing and maintaining relationships with key executives (e.g., General Partner) and influencers (CPA, estate attorney, key referral sources).
- Proven leader; will build, organize, lead and manage a high performing team of Relationship Managers across levels (i.e., Managing Director, and Director). Experience leading and managing teams within the private client area (e.g., private bank, RIA, broker-dealer); ability to build, manage and scale business.
- Strong understanding of and experience addressing the unique needs and pain points of High Net Worth clients; proven ability to understand and resonate with a broad range of client audiences.
- Highly skilled collaborator; the Market Manager will work closely with key partners across Global Fund Banking and Venture Capital Relationship Management (VCRM) teams.
- Reporting and administration require strong organizational and management skills, as the Market Manager is responsible for the performance of their individual portfolio and those for their respective region (manage KPIs, HR, banking compliance).
- Reports to Head of Relationship Management, Private Bank & Wealth Advisory.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, CFP, CFA or CIMA strongly preferred.
- 12+ years of private client/private banking/advisory experience
- Lead both investment and credit portfolio growth efforts in assigned market(s) through broad knowledge of investments, banking, trust services, financial planning and traditional/tailored credit.
- Demonstrates strong financial planning skill set; develops plan to meet short, medium and long-term client goals. Able to construct and deliver portfolio advice along with specific investment recommendations.
- Tracks and monitors client portfolios to ensure full compliance and investment objectives are met.
- Advanced knowledge of traditional loan underwriting, operations and products.
- Able to identify, structure and negotiate customized loans, both unsecured and against liquid/illiquid collateral.
- Maintains strong working relationship with key individuals and professional groups in the community, including attorneys, CPAs and insurance experts.
- A high-touch, client-focused individual with exceptional relationship management and sales skills.
- Highly collaborative with strong team approach. Must be willing to invest in the success of colleagues within immediate team and across SVB.
- Experience working with venture and private equity professionals strongly preferred.
- FINRA Series 7, 63 and 65 required.