Real Estate & Real Return – Investment Analyst I-III / Sr. Analyst / Investment Manager
Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS), a $32 billion pension plan located in Austin, Texas, is seeking to hire an investment professional to join the real estate and real return team. Providing secure, reliable retirement benefits to nearly 180,000 members through our unique hybrid defined benefit / defined contribution structure, TMRS seeks to be the model for empowering retirement.
The real estate and real return portfolio makes up 20% of TMRS’ asset allocation and is comprised of both private and public investment strategies across all hard asset categories (i.e real estate, infrastructure, mining, etc…). The position will have day to day responsibilities within real estate and real return but will work closely with the entire private markets group, including private credit and private equity.
The ideal candidate will be able to analyze complex data to ascertain relative risk/return characteristics across multiple asset types and geographies. The candidate must be intellectual curious and able to work in a collaborative environment focused on improving the team’s portfolio and approach on a day to day basis.
Pay will be commensurate with experience.
- Assist in due diligence & research process for potential investment opportunities
- Monitor existing investment performance and risk for ongoing exposure and compliance analysis
- Assist in portfolio evaluation and allocation decision making
- Develop and maintain relationships within investment industry for due diligence and investment opportunity purposes
- Assist in negotiation of potential new partnerships
- Communicate analysis and recommendations to internal team members, external partners, investment committee and/or board of trustees
- Coordinate with investment team, operations, legal counsel, third party advisors and investment managers
- 0 to 10 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Progress toward or intention to pursue CFA or CAIA desirable
- Strong problem solving, presentation, analytical and time management skills
- Background at pension, endowment, foundation or asset management firm highly desirable