Associate Research Analyst
Snow Capital Management
Snow Capital Management is a boutique investment manager based in Pittsburgh, PA, offering several value oriented strategies available across a number of channels to institutional and high-net-worth clients. We employ a contrarian, fundamental, relative value investment philosophy and work to construct diversified portfolios of well-managed, financially strong companies with compelling valuations.
Associate Investment Research Analyst
The Snow Capital Investment Team is responsible for all aspects of portfolio management and construction. Our process is fundamentally driven from the bottom up, with a heightened focus on cash flow and balance sheet integrity in companies that may be experiencing short-to-intermediate-term difficulties. We are looking for an experienced Associate-level team member to support Senior Analysts and Portfolio Managers through all aspects of the investment process, which will include financial modeling and maintenance research. The candidate should have natural intellectual curiosity and a passion for stock picking, but doesn't necessarily need to come from a value-style oriented background or have expertise in any one specific sector. The environment is collaborative and there will be mentorship on the investment process for the candidate. The Analyst will eventually be responsible for an active coverage list of approximately twenty companies and should have experience with forecasting, modeling, and report writing relative to specific companies.
- The candidate will have 2 to 5 years of professional experience covering US equity stocks, including financial modeling and maintenance research. No one sector experience is preferred over another.
- Experience writing in a professional capacity. Examples include stock initiation reports, research update notes, industry overview reports, and/or correspondence with clients or prospective clients.
- Advanced level of excel proficiency is expected and required. Experience with Bloomberg, Eikon, or FactSet API interfaces a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work across departments, such as supporting marketing or client service material generation.
- Experience interacting with sell-side analysts and corporate management teams.
- CFA charter holder or a CFA candidate strongly encouraged.
- Aptitude in programming languages such as R or Python a plus.