Director of Passive Strategies Research, North America
The Group: Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
The Role: The Director of Passive Strategies Research for North America will lead a team of analysts that specialize in researching and rating index mutual funds and exchange-traded funds. The Director will collaborate with our global team to produce independent research on funds and other investment vehicles that will empower individuals, intermediaries, and institutional investors to make better investment decisions, which is Morningstar’s primary mission. The Director will also serve as the Editor of Morningstar ETFInvestor, Morningstar’s monthly ETF newsletter. The position is based in Morningstar’s Chicago office.
• Manage and develop a team of analysts.
• Build deep subject matter expertise in the asset management industry, with a focus on indexing and exchange-traded funds.
• Master our research process and ratings methodologies, ensure they are executed consistently by members of the team, and provide input on potential enhancements.
• Collaborate with other members of the global manager research team to produce thought leadership content that draws from our expertise and leverages or helps augment our intellectual property.
• Partner with our data and products teams to enhance our intellectual property.
• Serve as the public face of Morningstar’s research in this arena through regular public speaking, media, and client engagements.
• A bachelor's degree is required; a graduate degree and/or Chartered Financial Analyst® designation (or progress toward one or the other) is preferred.
• At least five years of previous relevant work experience.
• A passion for investing and for empowering investors to make better investment decisions.
• Excellent analytical, writing and verbal communication skills
• The ability to lead by example and foster a collaborative work environment.
• An investor-centric mindset.
More searches like this
- Academics Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time jobs in Bachelors