Investment Professional- Leveraged Finance
Nationwide Investments employs a research-driven, team-oriented, and results-focused investment process to manage our clients’ portfolios. Credit Research is one of three critical functions within the credit investment process, along with Portfolio Management and Trading. The IP – Leveraged Finance Analyst will be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and recommending corporate credit investments within the high yield bond and broadly syndicated leveraged loan markets; as well as monitoring existing holdings and developing sector investment strategies.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Senior Investment Professional – Head of Corporate Credit Research.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform in-depth fundamental corporate credit analysis of high yield bonds and broadly syndicated leveraged loans in support of the team’s investment decision-making process; including identifying risk and return drivers, developing and modeling forward-looking scenarios, analyzing relative value, and providing investment recommendations for positioning within the analyst’s respective sectors;
- Effectively communicate analysis and investment recommendations to the investment team via written reports, presentations, conversations, and market meetings;
- Evaluate changes in the economic, regulatory, legislative, and competitive business environments that are having or may have an impact on investment fundamentals, valuations, and positioning within client portfolios;
- Contribute to continued improvement in the team’s investment process and standards with a focus on optimizing performance relative to our clients’ investment objectives;
- Interact with company management teams, rating agencies, sell-side firms, and other external vendors to facilitate the analysis of investment opportunities and to promote Nationwide’s image and reputation;
- Collaborate successfully with other Nationwide Investment groups to advance our clients’ best interests;
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree; MBA or CFA preferred
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of credit research experience with exposure to leveraged finance.
Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong leadership qualities, including being pro-active, results-driven, strategic, decisive, and steady under pressure;
- Ability to establish and manage priorities, set standards, drive execution, and collaborate effectively;
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously;
- Ability to successfully coordinate and work across different groups;
- Proficient in Excel, Bloomberg and other similar programs.
Personal Attributes and Behaviors:
- Critical and creative thinker willing to express and defend opinions and views;
- Self-motivated with superb judgment;
- Positive, hardworking, and professional;
- Highly collaborative and team player;
- Organized and detail-oriented;
- Capable of working independently.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Overtime Eligibility: Exempt (Not Eligible)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.