Research Analyst – Life Science
Research Analyst – Life Science
Nicholas Investment Partners is an independent, employee-owned and majority women-owned investment boutique focused on investing in dynamic, less efficient markets such as US small- and mid-cap equities and convertible bonds. We believe that change creates opportunity. We invest in dynamic companies with accelerating revenue and/or earnings growth in which our research confirms the company’s growth is sustainable and the company’s stock is a timely investment. Our edge comes from combining fundamental equity and credit research with the objectivity and efficiency of quantitative analytics. We have a results-driven and client-centric culture centered on building lasting and value-added relationships with a select group of institutional and private wealth clients and consultants.
We are seeking a Research Analyst with 1-3 years of Life Sciences sector experience to join our Life Science-focused investment team.
You will be analyzing investment opportunities across the development-stage biotech and pharmaceutical sub-sectors. This will include such activities as:
- Conducting industry research, company due diligence, TAM analysis, and preclinical/clinical medical research
- Drafting memos to investment team and identifying potential investment candidates
- Attending medical conferences/industry events and reporting back with detailed information and data points
- Initiating and developing primary industry contacts
- Staying abreast of medical literature while tracking fundamental developments of novel technology in the public and private domain
- Fulfilling other responsibilities assigned by the portfolio manager
- Actively contributing to the weekly investment review meetings
- Collaborating with internal parties on thought pieces to communicate investment strategy and outlook
- Actively participating in and contributing to projects as requested
As an Analyst, you will not be responsible for idea generation or specific stock recommendations initially but will grow into an idea generator over the course of time.
- 1-3 years of Life Sciences sector experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above with an outstanding academic record
- PhD/MD in Medical/Biology/Pharmaceutical related fields are strongly preferred
- R&D/operations experience in the healthcare industry and/or experience working in a private or public investment firm is a plus
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, proactive, and able to deliver against targets
- with limited supervision and direction
- Demonstrated record of outstanding work quality, productivity, and teamwork
- Ability to learn new responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25%
We are committed to offering comprehensive employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of our employees and their families. Benefits include:
- Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings plan
- Work/life balance opportunities such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave, employee assistance program
To respond to this opportunity, please email: email@example.com
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.