Senior Investment Analyst
This position will be based out of Fishers, IN, however could be performed remotely.
- Support all investment activities including asset allocation and strategy research; investment sourcing, underwriting and execution; portfolio monitoring and analysis; and reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Focus as needed across alternative asset classes including private equity, venture capital, private real estate, private natural resources, private credit, and hedge funds.
- Identify institutional quality fund managers in alternative assets and develop a pipeline of potential fund investment opportunities. Manage the pipeline for all alternative asset classes.
- Lead or assist with the drafting of investment recommendations. Monitor investment managers / investments and ensure that all actions taken and current exposure is in accordance with established investment policy guidelines.
- Proactively monitor activities within the alternative investment portfolio including investment transactions, status reports, risk reports, and portfolio performance.
- Assist with the strategic and tactical decisions within asset allocation and rebalancing as needed.
- Assist with the investment policy and exposure management in the University’s short term cash pool.
- Assist with the preparation of internal and external reporting documents.
- Supervise interns and/or junior analysts.
- Knowledge of investment concepts, terminology, styles, models, strategies, and fundamental investment factors.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts, methods, and models, and their application to investments.
- Considerable skill in using a computer in a Windows environment with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and other business software to prepare correspondence, spreadsheets, charts, and reports.
- Considerable skill in conducting data searches and evaluations of large amounts of information, performing complex statistical analysis of the data, and preparing concise and accurate reports and written/verbal recommendations.
- Exceptional skill in planning, organizing, and prioritizing work assignments to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment and in completing detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and/ written communication of complex information that is accurate, timely and based on sound judgment, and in making presentations to groups with varied levels of investment knowledge.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to travel as needed in order to conduct due diligence on investment managers and monitor current managers/investments.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in account, finance, law, economics, mathematics, or a related degree.
- At least 2-3 years full-time professional investment experience is required.
- Completion of the CFA Program and/or CAIA Program required.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to the Assistant Vice President - Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.
Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. PRF views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.