Job Title: Analyst
Full/Part Time: Full-time, Permanent
Application Deadline: November 27, 2020
Start Date: January 4, 2020
As a first-of-its-kind Crown corporation in Canada, the Alberta Indigenous Opportunities Corporation (AIOC) is responsible to facilitate and backstop up to $1 billion in Indigenous investment in natural resource projects and infrastructure, including pipelines. The AIOC was created to enable greater Indigenous community investment in natural resource projects in oil & gas, mining and forestry that benefit Indigenous communities and the Alberta economy.
Alberta’s experience to date shows that there is a demonstrated high rate of business success where First Nations and Métis businesses have created jobs, wealth, and health for their communities, and the size and scope of Indigenous investments in Alberta continues to grow. To help support this growing aspiration, the AIOC is designed to help Indigenous communities scale-up investments in the natural resource sectors to a level not before seen in Alberta.
Located in Calgary, Alberta the Analyst will be responsible for supporting the execution of the AIOC’s investment program including underwriting loan guarantees and providing capacity grants. Indigenous candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. As a crucial member of a small team, the Analyst will play a dynamic role, covering a wide variety of functions that will evolve as the organization matures.
- Working with other members of the team to evaluate Indigenous investment proposals presented to the AIOC, including participating in meetings with proponents and screening electronic submissions
- Aide in the development of systems (databases) for the tracking, evaluation and methodical ranking of Indigenous investment opportunities
- Conduct financial analysis including the preparation and/or manipulation of financial models to assess potential return, sensitivities and risk
- Work with 3rd party service providers including accounting and consulting firms, investment banks, commercial banks and lawyers to advance due diligence and deal structuring
- Aide in the development of processes to measure, quantify and when possible mitigate investment risks
- Work with the Investment Associate to prepare analysis and presentations for the CIO, CEO and Investment Committee as appropriate
- 2 years of experience within the financial/banking sector (corporate finance, research, private equity etc.) including experience with the infrastructure and natural resources sectors (i.e., oil and gas, mining, forestry, energy, etc.)
- Active pursuit of the CFA designation
- Understanding of current Canadian / Indigenous issues and trends, specifically in the area of economic participation and natural resource development
- A can-do attitude and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, evolving work environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining outstanding attention to detail
- Advanced expertise with Microsoft Excel including the building, manipulation and maintenance of financial models, and statistical analysis
- The ability to effectively communicate key findings both verbally and through investment memos (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- A reputation for honesty and integrity
- Complete applications including a resume and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 27, 2020.
- Thank you for your interest in this position with the AIOC. While we would like to respond directly to each applicant, only those who will advance to the next stage of the hiring process will be contacted.
- The AIOC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.